Possible starship spotted

benyflyguy

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
benyflyguy
I was on the back of my property With a friend when I heard a god awful noise in the air. Twin screws but I’ve never heard ones like this before. And I see pass Above me a pusher design playing with a canard in the front. The wing was swept. I thought it was a piaggio but when I looked it up that has much from straighter of a wing. Is it possible I saw Beechcraft starship fly over my house today? It was not on FlightAware. It was just flying over KHZL.

Twin velocity?

upload_2022-10-22_6-17-39.jpeg

The StarCraft is much larger, right?

upload_2022-10-22_6-20-50.jpeg

I think there's about equal numbers of twin velocities and starships flying. If it was loud my money is on the velocity; I'd assume a starship would be high enough that you wouldn't hear it unless it just took off.

Saw one parked at THA when we stopped for fuel...but that probably doesn't count.

I have been at a modest size airport, KLOU, when a Starship arrived, and stayed until it departed. It was relatively quiet.

The then president of YUM verified that the whole board of KFC were going to vote yes for the merger. They were, so he went back home instead of doing a final try at changing their votes.

It is very unfortunate that the design did not reach sales numbers that would justify continued production, Boeing has one in their museum of aviation's significant advances.

Saw one a couple days ago, but it’s flying days are behind it. Sad.

BD8F5E85-9B0F-455C-8AB9-D2C0E877306F.jpeg

Might even be down to 2. One is based out of Denton, TX.
Don't know if it's the same one but we had one in DAY several months ago that was in from somewhere in TX. First I ever saw one "in the wild." Unfortunately I can't find my pics right now.

A guy at ADS has 2 and several parts. I believe only one is flyable.

I've seen a Starship parked at KSUS (Spirit of St Louis) a couple of times over the last two years...

Answer to the noise of a Starship, they are turboprop, and very quiet.

I finally remembered the props were spinning down as the owner came down the stairs, and my son commented that he must be in a hurry.

Obviously that noisy plane spotted was something with a reciprocating engine.

Answer to the noise of a Starship, they are turboprop, and very quiet.

They are not quiet. I saw one about a week ago fly over my house heading west towards Denver. I heard it way before I even saw it. It definitely has a very distinct sound which caused me to look up to see what it was. I watched it disappear then went into the house and googled starship and piaggo just to make sure it was a starship. Pretty cool to see and hear one flying knowing how rare they are.

Back