Possible runways...

Might be plowed out for ag use, I'd guess. Not uncommon to see wind socks around farm land.

If those are runways, they're for rc airplanes. The approach to rnwy 19 is rough, and landing on 01 would be reason enough to go around ang go somewhere else. :)

Maybe for an ultralight? I estimate ~800' north/south and more than twice that east/west.

John

11 telephone poles long X 125' pole spacing I thinks yous gots a runway there.

11 telephone poles long X 125' pole spacing I thinks yous gots a runway there.

Google maps has a nice feature to measure distances. Just right click on the map image and select "measure distance". You can then select 2 points and get the distance between them.

There are definitely fence posts following the edges of that T. It looks like two adjacent plots and a coincidence that it has similar dimensions to a runway.

All those white specs are livestock of some sort.. I dont think this is being used for aircraft...

Those are not livestock, they are mole hills made of sand. Generally about a foot in diameter and 3-4 inches tall, and relatively soft. You could land over them in many planes.

Last edited:
Looks like a runway to me, guess it depends on what you're flying

2600 feet long, straight, and a windsock. Someone is taking off and landing there.

I think trees and a pond are much too close for those to be runways.

Ha ha. You haven't been to too many private strips, have you?

yeah, if you look close you can see the runway markers. They look different from the other white dot.

Rybolt Ranch! You can see my house in that frame actually. The strip is no longer in use but it once was. You don't want to land there now as a local rancher usually has his cattle on it.

Back