Possible crohns

Dani ragazza

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Ragazza95
I’m worried. My mom has crohns. I’ve developed symptoms that I know require testing. >gastro > colonoscopy > endoscopy
But it’s super scary to open that can of worms. I keep hoping to keep it at bay and see if symptoms improve.
I just started applying to airlines and have worked so hard to get to this point. I know my health is more important but knowing the snag a diagnosis can put in the process is just heartbreaking.
Any thoughts? Any here have IBD?

Do not mess around with Chron's. My younger cousin died when he was about 40 because he didn't properly manage his. I don't know that he would have lived a normal lifespan anyway, but he smoked and did numerous other things that are absolute no-go's if you have chron's and almost certainly accelerated the progression of his illness.

I would do everything possible with your diet, now - to keep that inflammation at bay before it becomes serious.

It is way more important to get Crohn's under control early than it is to worry about the impact to your medical. If you have it under good control with normal medications then you will get your medical. You get a hole in your intestines, you are in a world of hurt and you won't be flying for a while.

Back