Possession of controlled substance

Actually he said he was asked if the urine would test positive if he peed in the cup.

Actually, the question posed was "would you pee clean?". Hell no, I wouldn't pee clean. Pee is all the disgusting dirty stuff my body is trying to get rid of.

After I've had a lot of beer, I pee clear, but it's still not clean.

Actually, the question posed was "would you pee clean?". Hell no, I wouldn't pee clean. Pee is all the disgusting dirty stuff my body is trying to get rid of.

After I've had a lot of beer, I pee clear, but it's still not clean.

Unless you are infected, that liquid waste product is still sterile..

Question for the mods: Would it be possible to make a new subforum to the 'medical topics' called 'pot-head threads' ? Bruces post on the issue could be a sticky, would save him the effort of having to go on the same futile quest every time the topic comes up.

No Anon s_it. I'm not the FAA. I'm a HIMS AME.

What's a "HIMS" AME? Never heard that acronym.

From context and a quick Google search its obviously related to substance abuse for commercial pilots, just can't find out what it actually means. The engineer in me can't stand to not have a definition for an acronym.:wink2:

Good to know there are resources out there for people with problems. I applaud your efforts at helping, Dr. Bruce.

What's a "HIMS" AME? Never heard that acronym.

From context and a quick Google search its obviously related to substance abuse for commercial pilots, just can't find out what it actually means. The engineer in me can't stand to not have a definition for an acronym.:wink2:

Crap... I posted too quickly. "Human Intervention Motivation Study"

I guess its one of those things that if you need to know about it. You already know about it.

http://www.himsprogram.com/HIMS_about.html

Background

In the 1970's, HIMS (Human Intervention Motivation Study) grew out of a grant that created an alliance between the National Institute for Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (NIAAA), a federal agency, and the Air Line Pilots Association (ALPA), a labor union, to test a program for dealing with alcoholism among the airline pilot population. Several factors prompted development of a pilot specific model. The commercial aviation environment is not well suited for a traditional on-the-job supervisory program. It was assumed that a pilot's ability to function effectively was best observed by other pilots.

Accordingly, a peer identification and referral system seemed best suited in developing a pilot-centered, confidential, participatory program. Given the sensitive nature of a pilot's responsibilities and the interrelationship between medical and technical performance standards, it was apparent that involvement of the airline, FAA and pilot union was essential to the success of the program. Since its inception, over 3,500 professional pilots have been successfully rehabilitated and returned to their careers.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back