Portable power options

benyflyguy

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
benyflyguy
I was looking some 20,000 mAh portable power stations. There is an overwhelming amount of options. Sporty’s has one but is 100 bucks bundled with two chargers. On amazon there are a plethora of choices anywhere from 20-80 bucks. I would not plan on inflight charging as these things can heat up. I have a 4000mAh one for my GoPro that I use now to jump my phone or iPad if I need. Just looking for an option that I can hook up and get devices charged back up once on ground. Would probably get more use in non aviation related use.
What’s everybody using with success out there.

I have one from Amazon, it has solar charging on one side, a built in light, USB, mini-USB and micro-USB.
It will last longer than the memory card in the GoPro, and keep my phone charged at the same time. I always carry it with me in the plane.

Buyer beware on amazon. My current employeer bought a bunch of battery packs as gifts for the employees. We opened up a few of them. They all had used cellphone batteries in them. Some barely held a charge, most had power specs much lower than stated on the box they came in. One got very warm just by trying to use it.

I have one from Amazon, it has solar charging on one side, a built in light, USB, mini-USB and micro-USB.
It will last longer than the memory card in the GoPro, and keep my phone charged at the same time. I always carry it with me in the plane.
I saw some of those and they looked pretty interesting, was wondering if anybody was using them

Back