Portable intercom

I am pretty sure I have a SoftCom portable intercom in my hangar. It is a 4-place, however. Have not needed it for quite some time. I think it uses a 9 volt battery.
If you are interested PM me and I'll have a look for it. Will be cheap compared to buying a new one. I would prefer it be in the hands of someone who will put it to good use. ;)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pilot-Commu...ash=item4b13a33d34:g:r0sAAOSwOddYx-8v&vxp=mtr
s-l1600.jpg

I recently purchased a Flightcom IIsx for $70 shipped that was still in the original package and all documents and cables. Got it off ebay and works great. (not selling mine, just giving reference) I like it, going to use it in my Cobra so I can talk if I have a passenger.

Our Cub came with a PS Engineering Aerocom III. The cords were fraying and finally it was no longer usable. We saved money by replacing it with a Pilot USA portable intercom, the model with a built-in connector for our ICOM A-6 radio. The PS Engineering unit had much, much better sound quality and the auto squelch really worked great in the Cub. I never tried it with the door open but have heard it handles that situation well. The Pilot USA unit has worse sound quality and you have to adjust the squelch, but the connection to the A-6 is a little bit more convenient than the adapter required with the PS Engineering unit. I would choose PS Engineering if I had to choose again.

I've got a couple of Sigronics SPOs that have worked great for me for decades. I bought my SPO-42 when it was uncommon to find intercoms in rental aircraft and I refused to fly without a headset for both me and the instructor.
I found a second SPO-22 for $25 and I couldn't pass it up as a spare.

What I use them for these days is to allow me and my brother or wife to converse while we are at NASCAR races (I also jack in the scanner to the mix).

flight com best 99 dollars you can spend. the above dc might be a good value never used one but it cant be bad if a dc. it was my first choice but I could not find one.

Purchased the DC when I was flying a Cub, really didn't need it but back then just felt that with out Intercom and handheld, I was flying nekid (was flying in the south back then). Haven't used it since, but worked well the few times someone flew with me.

Back