Portable HF for Pilots crossing the global ponds.

grummancheetah

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Mike
We have a product at Aviation HF International that fills all of the long range communication requirements, our product is small and light and can be transported easily all over the world at all airports and pass all security check points. WE ship all over the world and we have our portable hf radio system all over the world. Give us a look and give us a call. Thank You for reading. Aviation HF Intl. www.aviationhf.com or 815-409-5070 or swiader@comcast.net Have a great day!!!

The rules of conduct on this forum prohibit commercial postings.

I'm sure there's a big calling for such a product,on this board.

This looks like an Yaesu 857D with a tuner. The way some people do is to run the antenna coax lead out somewhere near the tail cone and run a dipole to the two wing tips. Depending on the wire length that might get you OK on 20 meters or higher. 40 would probably be doable and 80 almost certainly not.
The 857D has a detachable head so you can put the radio where you want and have the control in the cockpit.
The oceanic frequencies are in the 40 meter band, aren't they?
My initial impression.

Looks more like an icom 706.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Definitely a 706.

I'm an FT-857D fan myself, and have two, but the Icom works fine as well, for that category and class of rig.

Looks more like an icom 706.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

You're right, it is not an 857D. I didn't look closely enough at the picture. Similar features, as I understand, though I don't know the 706.

FWIW, a competing design uses the 857D and as I suggested includes a tuner and a dipole configured as an inverted V that goes from the tail cone to the wing tips.

Last edited:
I'm more impressed than anyone pays the 500% markup over the value of the items utilized, brand new.

I'm in the wrong biz. Haha.

Back