Portable FAR/AIM

Jaybird180

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Jaybird180
I'm looking for something that I can keep with me perhaps on my WinMo smartphone for looking up odd things during idle time. Anyone know of a good app for WinMo with the FAR/AIM or perhaps a smartphone friendly website that I can use for keyword searches and such? It would have to be something that stays up to date.

I'll bump this to get some info on iPhone and Android apps as well. There are some I've heard of but I'd rather hear some first person account before I plop down money!

Why not print out the on-line version as a PDF and store it on your favorite screen? Or just book mark it if you have data service on your favorite screen. Free, and seems pretty easy to dopey little old me.

Why not print out the on-line version as a PDF and store it on your favorite screen? Or just book mark it if you have data service on your favorite screen. Free, and seems pretty easy to dopey little old me.
it's hard to search a pdf :D

It would be nice if there was an app that you could hit like: 91.205 and it takes you right there and everything

Or like you get to some part 61 question and it has attached some LOIs so you have a little background about how they interpret the FAR and stuff like that

It would be nice if there was an app that you could hit like: 91.205 and it takes you right there and everything

Or like you get to some part 61 question and it has attached some LOIs so you have a little background about how they interpret the FAR and stuff like that

Hard for you maybe.

Kindle app. Kindle version of FAR/ AIM. Great search feature.

I use PilotFAR/AIM by CoDeveloper on the iPhone and iPad. It's $10 but pretty good. It's easy to bookmark things for later reference and get's pretty good ratings on the iTunes store.

WingX has FAR and not a full version of AIM built in under Documents section. It has search function but it doesn't work through entire FAR. You have to pick a part like Part 91 and then search will work on subparts titles but not inside subtitles. Not very useful but still, better then nothing.

I use PilotFAR/AIM by CoDeveloper on the iPhone and iPad. It's $10 but pretty good. It's easy to bookmark things for later reference and get's pretty good ratings on the iTunes store.

Ditto. Works well.

Id second Kindle. you buy the document. You can read it for free on any computer, smartphone or Kindle reader..

+1 I've also got Pilot Far/Aim on the Iphone.

Hope this thread isn't too old to dig up. Does anyone have experience with e-book or PDF far/aim vs the iPad/iPhone apps? Seems like the apps would update year to year while you'd have to re-buy the e-book each year? I think it's finally time to stop carrying that load of paper everywhere... Don't much care for the free govt PDF.

Thanks,
Matt

Last edited:
So far my iPhone app (which also works on my iPad) has had free updates since I purchased it. How they're making that financially feasible, I have no idea.

Have you tried FASTFAR from Dauntless Software? I don't know how it would work on a handheld WIN mobile, but I like the Vista version.

Back