Port Aransas, Texas

I'm only just over an hour's flight away now. I definitely plan to visit!

Bacteria of the genus Vibrio can be found in most waters, it is they that make marine phosphorescence. Many are pathogenic, some, like Vibrio cholera, highly so. None will infect an immunocompetent human who isn't actively bleeding out open cuts or sores.
Thank you, sir!

Wait. Was that an ad? Crap. Oh, no -- the name of our business is in the picture! Augh! ;)
Now you've done it! You will be banned for life and your name will be drug through mud. ;)

Some of you people seriously need to get a life, go flying, and leave others alone. Worse than liberals that feel anything they don't like should be illegal and anything they like should be crammed down everybody's throats. Get a clue people!
Sigh, and now you've done it! The mods will now close the thread since it has entered the forbidden Spin Zone. ;)

But I agree, people need to get a life and enjoy it. Bickering over pointless stuff on them Ynterwebs does not count. Whether on BlappaTalk or elsewhere.

Jay, are the beaches occupied at all? Or are they deserted? Did South Padre suffer from the same media craziness?

Jay, are the beaches occupied at all? Or are they deserted? Did South Padre suffer from the same media craziness?

The weekend crowds are still strong, and the town is actually fairly busy, thanks to the thousands of condo owners who, having discovered that they can't rent their units, are using them themselves.

The beach is much more open than a normal July. It is truly spectacular this year, with NO seaweed and NO jellyfish -- the first summer we've ever seen without outbreaks of one or the other. The people that are here have all remarked that they've never seen the gulf so clear and blue.

That's what makes the whole Vibrio Panic so sickening. It hit right when people were making their summer travel plans.

I've heard South Padre and Galveston have also been impacted, but I don't have any data to back that up.

T-minus 2 days to OSH departure!

I am sorry your business has suffered to to scientific illiteracy, Jay. I combat this scourge in my classes, but it is a battle not easily won.

I has nothing to do with PC. It has everything to do with expecting members here to have enough character and morals to abide by the RoC. Apparently Jay is lacking in both because he's a frequent and repeat offender.

And yes, Shane used to be just as bad as Jay, but he's gotten much better and I applaud him for that.

It's amazing the thread police jump in and start nailing guys that happen to have a side business. I personally APPRECIATE those that are around that you can glean key information ... many providing specific info. specific to your plane at no cost. As many repair horror stories that have been placed on the blue/red and purple boards, I appreciate these vendors being here, backing their stuff and providing information. I'm never in the classified area much, and how often are the engine, avionic and paint/interior guys going to actually be in there?

Is it REALLY that hard to scroll by or SKIP a thread? Upgrade that IBM XT computer and 1200 baud modem if it's slowing that bad:p:confused:

Just spent a few days at South Padre, the water was excellent. The water was Colder than I remember. It was not as busy as last year, which was great for us, but, bad for business.

Jay, one of my Navy kids may be coming to your area, Kingsville. If that happens I will surely be frequenting your establishment. I'll take that beer.....and a ride in the RV.

Jay, one of my Navy kids may be coming to your area, Kingsville. If that happens I will surely be frequenting your establishment. I'll take that beer.....and a ride in the RV.
Cool!

We get surprisingly little business from the NAS. I'm gonna have to run an ad in Wingspan, the base newspaper.

If anyone still reads such things?

Your response indicates the vague possibility of a win ... is that just a cruel lure or is there truly a chance? :)

Albert-Einstein-quote-on-stupidity.jpg

I enjoyed the thread. A nice picture, some good comments, a brief visit from the thread police, a gentle yet firm slap down and rejection of the thread nazis. An old wound reopened, people being placed on the ignore list and now godwinned! All in less than two pages. We need more threads like this! :D

Oh, and I need to make it down to Port Aransas looks interesting. Someday.

Jay is an active, legitimate participant in the forum. It's not like he is some kind of drive-by ad spammer peddling male enhancement products or something....

Back