POP3 Email Program

silver-eagle

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
~John
Since forever, I've used NETSCAPE Communicator. It seems that version 8 does not support email via pop3. What would be a good substitute (other than OUTLOOK)?

silver-eagle said:
Since forever, I've used NETSCAPE Communicator. It seems that version 8 does not support email via pop3. What would be a good substitute (other than OUTLOOK)?
John, I switched from Netscape to Mozilla Thunderbird. The transition was very easy and I'm happy with it.

Diana said:
John, I switched from Netscape to Mozilla Thunderbird. The transition was very easy and I'm happy with it.
Us three and four. I put Thunderbird on Jann's iMac and was able to copy her PLAIN TEXT email store from her old Windows laptop seamlessly. It's wonderful what you can do when you don't have to deal with a certain company's "innovations.'

I'm hooked! Downloaded Thunderbird. Part of the install included migrating my Netscape 7 mail and settings. What could be easier. And it looks like Netscape as well.
Thanks.

Netscape eliminated use of POP3?

What the hell are they morons???

wsuffa said:
Greebo said:
Netscape eliminated use of POP3?

What the hell are they morons??
Three letters: A O L.
Wow. Didn't know that. Don't want to make it easy for those captive idjits to leave. No wonder Microsoft is thinking about buying them. Birds of a feather.

I had, I confess, forgotten that Netscrape was now property of AOHell. However, I disagree with Mike on the Microsoft Comment. AOL tries to keep you in their realm by blocking ways to leave. Microsoft tries to keep you in their realm by making their realm bigger and bigger. :)

Back