• Medical? What medical?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ken Ibold

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Ken Ibold
Just made an appt to renew my medical, and was shocked to find one doc quoting me $300 for a Class III while one down the street was a quarter of that. What's it cost you?

I paid $100 2.5 years ago (I'm due soon) for a 3rd class.

I am paid $90 today for a first class...same cost as second because i dont need the EKG. I am in the Phoenix area.

Last edited:
Can't do a "one or more" selection on the poll. I paid $90 a few months ago (up from $75 last year which was up from $60 the previous year), and I have an SI. I don't believe I'm paying more for a 3rd class with the SI than others have without.

Most recent was $100, plus the extra tests and whatnot my Optho must complete to satisfy the SI.

I pay something like $65-$75 for a very thorough 3rd Class Medical. I live in the Philly Suburbs.

Due again in May, last two have both been $80.00, and I do not expect this doc to have gone up much if at all. He does (as best I can tell) nothing but AME work.

I am almost always the only 3rd class in there; always asked what carrier I fly for while in the waiting room. Amazingly enough, the MD is not a pilot.

I charge $50 for Class 2 and 3. The fellow I go to charges $45. Everyone within 100 miles charges more. Of course, I think there are only 2 others within that 100 mile range.

Barb

Ken Ibold said:
Just made an appt to renew my medical, and was shocked to find one doc quoting me $300 for a Class III while one down the street was a quarter of that. What's it cost you?

I got my Class III today for $100 in Southern California. I hope you don't
have to wait 2 hours like I had to.

greg

$75 two years ago for a Class II, now Class III. Got to get a new one in the next couple of months.

Right around $100 at the AME based at KMTN.

Back