Which weekend for Gaston's 2015?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TangoWhiskey

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
3Green
So, assuming we do fall/autumn again (the weather was AWESOME and the trees were just starting to turn color), what would you prefer for 2015?

PLEASE ONLY VOTE IF YOU INTEND TO ATTEND!! There's an "either weekend would work for me" choice, but if you have a strong preference for one of the two choices, please pick that instead. The "either weekend" choice should be used if either would work and you don't care which one the group picks.

Choices: The same weekend (Sept 24th-27th) or two weeks later (Oct 8th-11th), when the weather's just a little cooler and the trees have turned even more color? Pushing it out a couple of weeks also provides more buffer after 6Y9's event.

Vote now! We'll pick a date once enough potential attendees have chimed in. I just got off the phone with Gail at Gaston's, and both of those weekends are currently open, though they do fill up fast.

This thread can also be an idea box, if you have something you'd like to throw out there for the group's consideration for activities...

For example: anybody interested in pitching in to share a rented power boat for a day playing around on Bull Shoals?

Last edited:
This thread can also be an idea box, if you have something you'd like to throw out there for the group's consideration for activities...

For example: anybody interested in pitching in to share a rented power boat for a day playing around on Bull Shoals?

I wouldn't mind playing around on Bull Shoals. I haven't been tubing since I was 10.

We could also do a day trip to Silver Dollar City. :yes:

Either weekend is fine with me. Hopefully I'll be in the airlines by this time next year. So if I don't make it, it's because I'm on reserve that weekend! :rofl:

October weekend is my vote.

And yes to more off airport activities of one sort ore another.

And if we can get a cluster of cabins again, I say we try for the end where you and T were. Much closer to the places we hang out at and the pool.

Augh. That's my birthday, and would be perfect!

Sadly, we're going to be in Europe. :nonod:

Someday!

I vote for "Whatever gets the most people there."

In fact, I'd be happy to have it move back to (hot, muggy) June if that meant we could have it be as big as it was a few years ago.

Why not April if we're going to do it in first half of year? Avoid the hot muggy and the weddings.

Why not April if we're going to do it in first half of year? Avoid the hot muggy and the weddings.

Weather in April can be pretty hit or miss. I'd rather the fall.

I have to say - the weather this last one could not have been much better! Certainly, by late September / early October, the big summer pop-up boomers are much less of a risk.

My vote will be for the October date, because it is likely to be cooler; and also, because it is less likely to interfere with 6Y9er, for those whose geography reasonably allows for attendance at both.

And, I also agree that the June date is still just fine with me, if it makes greater attendance a possibility - if you look at the historical posts, when the fly-in is reasonably well-publicized, it is very well-attended. Again, though, even the limited group we had this year was still a hoot.

I have to say - the weather this last one could not have been much better! Certainly, by late September / early October, the big summer pop-up boomers are much less of a risk.

My vote will be for the October date, because it is likely to be cooler; and also, because it is less likely to interfere with 6Y9er, for those whose geography reasonably allows for attendance at both.

And, I also agree that the June date is still just fine with me, if it makes greater attendance a possibility - if you look at the historical posts, when the fly-in is reasonably well-publicized, it is very well-attended. Again, though, even the limited group we had this year was still a hoot.

So, essentially, if we have it, you'll come, you don't care when. :) :rofl:

I would like to try to come to this, but wouldn't be able to make the October date (I'll be in India). The September date would be cutting it close, but I could probably swing it looking at my schedule now.

If y'all don't mind a couple of newcomers joining in, my wife and I would like to attend. The only fly-in I've been to is Airventure which is action packed. This sounds like a nice relaxing weekend event, and is quite close to us. My vote would be for October.

If y'all don't mind a couple of newcomers joining in, my wife and I would like to attend. The only fly-in I've been to is Airventure which is action packed. This sounds like a nice relaxing weekend event, and is quite close to us. My vote would be for October.

Are you kidding!? This isn't an exclusive event, and we were all "newcomers" to Gaston's at one time or another! It's how we get to know each other!

We'd love to have you and your bride join! We'll nail down the date soon!

Please come!

I met some of the very best friends I have at the Gaston's Fly-In - I have never regretted a minute there, and I have gone every year since 2004 (I think).

Are you kidding!? This isn't an exclusive event, and we were all "newcomers" to Gaston's at one time or another! It's how we get to know each other!

You just want to show off your new plane! :D

Please come!

I met some of the very best friends I have at the Gaston's Fly-In - I have never regretted a minute there, and I have gone every year since 2004 (I think).

Thanks y'all. Finally procured a ride of my own, so I'm looking forward to some fun new experiences and meeting nice folks! Looks like about a 2 hr. flight for us.

P.S. I want to gawk at Mr. Whiskey's new cherry RG too.

Last edited:
Trust me, it'll be unforgettable! Not sure if that's good or bad but...

;)

If you've never been to Gaston's then you might want to check out:

http://www.pilotsofamerica.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1564452#post1564452

Thanks for the link. I see that y'all like micro-brews. If you'd like, I could bring some of my homebrew. I do some pretty tasty English Brown Ale, a Wheat Ale with orange zest and corriander, and a nice light cream ale with a little local honey thrown in. I'd be glad to bring a batch.

Hey that's a cool idea.
Bring Home brew to the fly-in ;)

If I am able (employed), I will try and do that.

Hey that's a cool idea.
Bring Home brew to the fly-in ;)

If I am able (employed), I will try and do that.

I would think one could brew more beer while unemployed. The whole reason I don't have any batches made up right now is because of my employers employing me too much.

I would think one could brew more beer while unemployed. The whole reason I don't have any batches made up right now is because of my employers employing me too much.

I can justify brewing. I cannot justify the cost of the trip though.

Flying to Gastons: Optional
Cold Beer: Yeah right :)

Back