Political drama...

If you retired and are busier than when you worked, are you doing things you love to do? If yes, then what is the problem? If no, then STOP doing things you don't love to do.

This isn't rocket science.

Geez, I really don't understand the guys who say they won't know what to do when they retire. Hell, I have far more hobbies than time. When I retire:

1. Augment the motorcycle I have with a bigger touring rig. Me and the Mrs. want to moto tour about the country with our moto scum friends, visit national parks and monuments, see this big place!
  2. Do more flying trips with the airplane, especially runs to the Gulf and SE coasts for beach trips
  3. Buy a nice road bicycle, join a local cycling club, and get back to cycling
  4. Re-join the sailing club, maybe buy a small racing dingy like a Flying Scot, get back into club racing and social activities
  5. Maybe start hang gliding again
Plus all the usual home improvement and honey do stuff folks do when they retire. I see a busy retirement coming up!

When my Father retired it took about 3 months for him to wish he still had a job to go to for some rest!

I've always subscribed to, "I work a little every day, I don't work a lot any day" So retirement for me doesn't seem needed. (written at age 54. check back in 20)

I'm nearly at the same point in age (53) but I'm worn to a nub daily with my job. Yet with the pandemic and having worked from home for 6 months, I elected to go back to the office as it was quieter and I could get more work done!

I think about retirement to slow my pace with life (work), and because I lament how little time there is to fly and partake in hobbies currently. I suspect that in retirement (If that ever happens), I will be similarly busy with a myriad of "honey-do" lists and self imposed work (investments, etc), and still lament not having enough time for hobbies...

@Half Fast: Congrats on the vacation (now) and upcoming retirement! Make those hobbies a priority!

Three days after the election and there is still no winner.

This is unpresidented.
I'd like to say a Presidential election the middle of a pandemic is unprecedented, but there was the 1918 election in the middle of the Spanish flu. I think the difference is we've expanded the use of mail in and absentee ballots, and a good thing too. The 1918 election wound up spreading the Spanish Flu and cost lives. What we haven't done is figured out a way to have good security but also count those ballots quickly. We've erred (perhaps) on the side of security, so the ballots are counted slowly. Also, I can't recall an election quite this close in the deciding states. Indeed, the vote is so close that I think a number of states are going to have automatic recounts. This is one for the history books. I am reminded of a wonderful Greek curse: may you live in interesting times.

I'm 80 , a farmer never retires if he stays on the farm. But that said I was a Triple A farmer .
April to August to Arizona . ;)

Noooooo back to retirement talk.... I just ran the numbers for my wife and I.

The counts are in..... And the result is.....

I have to keep working for a bit.

Bailed out last week! WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

congrats.

Retirement is great... except you don't get vacations or holidays anymore.

Never retire, find something fun to do. busy keeps us young :)

I'd have lots to do if I retired, lots of stuff I want to do. Just don't really have the money. So I work.

Back