Poker playing

flyersfan31

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Freiburgfan31
I've never been a gambler. We went to AC two weekends ago for the Police concert and I dropped $0.50 in the slots (total winnings - $0). Went to Vegas with my brother 3 years ago for a long weekend. Gambled $0. Spent a lot on golf and food though.

So, my 7 yr old daughter discovered a gaming kit (cards, dice, poker chips) we bought years ago for a visit from my brothers-in-law. No $$$$ gambling was involved, we just needed the chips. She started asking about what the chips were for. I explained a bit about games, and poker, and the like. So then she starts asking about poker. Why? Dunno.

So what have I been doing every evening after dinner for the past week? Playing poker with my 7yr old daughter. She loves it. She's very interested in the concept of bluffing. Of course, she is a big fan of collecting piles of chips, which she did last night. Tonight I cleaned her clock, with both a flush and a straight in one evening's work. Unusual for me. The night before she cleaned me out and made me borrow from the bank.

Tonight my wife came home from work during our game, and said "Deal me in." I didn't even know she was familiar with the turn. Took the first hand, too. Looks like I live in a house full of card sharks. Next thing we'll be drinking scotch and smoking stogies.:no:

LOL Love it. My 11yo daughter kicked my dads butt in poker this summer. Sounds like a good time.

Deal me in............I almost live for a good poker game......

I am only 45 min at 150mph away from AC...too bad the azz-wipes closed bader!!

The accountant at our office has been telling his son that "nothing good can come of poker"....

Last week he won $25,000 in an online poker game...

Nothin good can come of this.

Next thing we'll be drinking scotch and smoking stogies.:no:
What time should we come over? :)

I play checkers with my daughters (8yo and 7yo). The 8 yo can beat me fair and square--one games takes about 45 minutes. I'm fearful of introducing her to chess......

Back