Point Roberts Wa

Tom-D

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
Tom-D
On the Seattle sectional there is an airport called "Point Roberts, it is very near the US Canada border.
The question is, what does the FI-2 next to the airport box on the sectional mean. ???

It's "Fl" - as in "flashing". The blue dot west of the airport is a flashing marine light.

And it should flash twice, each time it goes around (similar to the double white at military airfields)

On the Seattle sectional there is an airport called "Point Roberts, it is very near the US Canada border.
The question is, what does the FI-2 next to the airport box on the sectional mean. ???

I believe that's "FL" and it means sequenced flashing lights.

It's a lighthouse. You will see similar notations all around the Sound. I almost always asked private pilot applicants about them when I was a DE.
Three Tree Point and Alki are closer to BFI and equally baffling to the uninitiated.

Bob Gardner (Retired USCG))

Looks like an interesting place. A suburb of Vancouver, BC located in the US and only reachable via canada.

Looks like an interesting place. A suburb of Vancouver, BC located in the US and only reachable via canada.

think about it,, to do a go around you would have to do the whole border crossing thing.

think about it,, to do a go around you would have to do the whole border crossing thing.

I dont think you have to do the border crossing for airports that have their pattern extend into Canada. You just need to be on a flight-plan.

Back