Poh or afm

Unitedcap

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
Unitedcap
I have a situation.
I have access to a 1971 c185E , and was going through the plane but could not find an AFM .
Does there have to be and AFM or POH in the aircraft or only pal carded limitations. I know ther is a reg that says after a certain date but i can't find it.

Can anyone help?

As stated when you asked this question on the redboard, you need to check the serial number of your plane against the TCDS to see what the required documents are.

I know ther is a reg that says after a certain date but i can't find it.
Probably because the reg with that date is not in the regs included in the standard pilot/flight crew FAR/AIM books. Rather, it's in the certification rules in Part 21:
Sec. 21.5

Airplane or Rotorcraft Flight Manual.

(a)With each airplane or rotorcraft not type certificated with an Airplane or Rotorcraft Flight Manual and having no flight time before March 1, 1979, the holder of a type certificate (including amended or supplemental type certificates) or the licensee of a type certificate must make available to the owner at the time of delivery of the aircraft a current approved Airplane or Rotorcraft Flight Manual.
Many planes from before that date still require AFM's (notably Piper products such as the PA24 series), but not a Cessna 182 -- see the TCDS for each for details. That said, many aftermarket additions such as a Garmin 430, autopilot, or engine analyzer still require an AFM Supplement be aboard even if there is no AFM to supplement.

Last edited:
Back