Pober Pixie Price?

Dean Champion

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Dean Champion
Does anyone have an idea of what a Pober PIxie home built would go for?

I'm trying to win an argument.

Thanks

That's like asking "What's a Honda Accord worth?" without sharing any details. Equipment, age, fabric condition, and mostly engine and its condition.

But a Pixie? Ain't gonna be much unless it has a dream of an engine. With a tired A-65 or A-75, or a tired C-85 it is certainly <$10K, even though a good C-85 core might be worth that much...

That's like asking "What's a Honda Accord worth?" without sharing any details. Equipment, age, fabric condition, and mostly engine and its condition.

But a Pixie? Ain't gonna be much unless it has a dream of an engine. With a tired A-65 or A-75, or a tired C-85 it is certainly <$10K, even though a good C-85 core might be worth that much...
You have a point there. I know the plane is in good condition and hangar kept, I'm guessing $10K - $15K. My buddy says a lot more, but I'm not buying it!

You have a point there. I know the plane is in good condition and hangar kept, I'm guessing $10K - $15K. My buddy says a lot more, but I'm not buying it!

Single seat, low performance experimentals (Fly Baby's, Pixies, and the like) don't sell for much because there's just not much demand. I think your buddy is VERY optimistic.

Nicest Fly Baby I've ever seen changed hands for about $15,000. Same basic airplane, just low wing.

Most expensive Fly Baby I've seen was listed at $24,000, but had an engine that didn't have enough power. Believe it went for far less, and the new owner is replacing the engine.

Fly Baby is a close equivalent of a Pixie, though some Pixies have VW engines (which should reduce their value).

Single seat airplanes are difficult to sell, too.

Not actually haven't seen the airplane, I'm reluctant to estimate, but think Dean's $10K-$15K is probably a good guess. I've seen flyable Fly Babies in the ~$8,000 range.

Ron Wanttaja

Nicest Fly Baby I've ever seen changed hands for about $15,000. Same basic airplane, just low wing.

Most expensive Fly Baby I've seen was listed at $24,000, but had an engine that didn't have enough power. Believe it went for far less, and the new owner is replacing the engine.

Fly Baby is a close equivalent of a Pixie, though some Pixies have VW engines (which should reduce their value).

Single seat airplanes are difficult to sell, too.

Not actually haven't seen the airplane, I'm reluctant to estimate, but think Dean's $10K-$15K is probably a good guess. I've seen flyable Fly Babies in the ~$8,000 range.

Ron Wanttaja
Great Intel! I'm gonna go with $10K ish. You're right when you say these single seater homer builts are hard to sell. Thanks!

Back