POAers everywhere!

Everskyward

Experimenter
Display Name

Display name:
Everskyward
This has been a good week for me as far as meeting folks from POA is concerned. Last Thursday I had lunch with Spike and Allen in Addison. Last weekend Kent stopped by at Denver Centennial, my home airport, on his Grand Adventure. Then today I was sitting in my home-away-from-home, the pilot lounge in Rifle, CO, when my flying buddy said, "There's a King Air." I looked at it idly and thought the N-number sounded familiar so I pulled it up on FlightAware and saw where it had come from. Haha, what are the chances of meeting someone at a random airport with no pre-planning? I think I surprised Ric when I climbed the steps into his King Air. We had a great lunch at a Thai place in Rifle (yeah, they actually have a Thai place in Rifle) and a nice visit. :yes:

I thought the best place in Rifle was this hole in the wall burger and shake joint. :)

I can barely picture it since it was back in 1998.

thats awesome Mari. we are all over the place, thats for sure.

This has been a good week for me as far as meeting folks from POA is concerned. Last Thursday I had lunch with Spike and Allen in Addison. Last weekend Kent stopped by at Denver Centennial, my home airport, on his Grand Adventure. Then today I was sitting in my home-away-from-home, the pilot lounge in Rifle, CO, when my flying buddy said, "There's a King Air." I looked at it idly and thought the N-number sounded familiar so I pulled it up on FlightAware and saw where it had come from. Haha, what are the chances of meeting someone at a random airport with no pre-planning? I think I surprised Ric when I climbed the steps into his King Air. We had a great lunch at a Thai place in Rifle (yeah, they actually have a Thai place in Rifle) and a nice visit. :yes:

Awesome, Mari! :goofy:

I managed to meet up with 4 PoAers on my trip: Bob in OR, Will in norcal, Joe in socal, and Mari in CO.

Edit: Make that 6 PoAers. Somehow I forgot about Jesse and Tristan in NE. :redface:

I think I need to make another trip. :D

Isn't it nice to have pilot friends everywhere? Sure makes OSH seem a lot smaller. :)

Last edited:
To surprise Ric must've been something. I woulda' paid to see that.

Some people have all the fun....

One day I hope to make it down at a time and in a place to meet more of you. I'd like to drop in on Gaston's maybe, even if I'm not flying. Maybe I'll have another flight cancelled in Chicago!

Yes, she certainly did suprise me! I was straightening up the cabin after our flight up from HOU, and I heard someone say "knock, knock- may I come in?" on the air stair...

In popped Mari! I couldn't have been more suprised or pleased to see her. Of course, I took the immediate opportunity to have her show me her ride, an absolutely gorgeous Citation Sovereign.

After taking care of requisite duties, Mari and her flying partner joined up with me and my partner for a really great lunch! Afterwards, we sat around the lounge doing paperwork, just chatting, and generally catching up.

I actually happened to be in the POA chatroom as she departed RIL for APA, and was able to give a play by play to Mike and Mark...

About an hour later, it was our turn to say goodbye to RIL as we lit the fires for our 14 minute flight over to MTJ, where we will be hanging out for the next couple of days.

It is always a pleasure to cross paths with Mari, or any other POAer's. She and I have now had lunch about 5 times in 3 different cities!

As an aside, I flew 2 damage assessment sorties into the TFR over LA and the GoM yesterday, for the very company which my good friend John Lancaster (FlingWing) used to fly for before his accident. It was as a result of his death that I 'discovered' POA.

It is always a pleasure to cross paths with Mari, or any other POAer's. She and I have now had lunch about 5 times in 3 different cities!
If you both were married to someone else, this would sound awfully fishy! :D

We really are everywhere. I was surprised enough when Ray had called up the line crew at KPHN and asked them to say hi to me when I came in for fuel on my way to 6Y9!

Great story, Mari. Hopefully one day we'll get to meet. :)

Isn't it nice to have pilot friends everywhere?
Yeah it is. Even my flying buddies are getting used to it. When I tell them I'm going to meet someone here or there they laugh and say, "This is another one of your friends from the internet, isn't it..."

I actually happened to be in the POA chatroom as she departed RIL for APA, and was able to give a play by play to Mike and Mark...
Oooh, were we pretty? I've never seen that airplane take off from the outside.

Yeah it is. Even my flying buddies are getting used to it. When I tell them I'm going to meet someone here or there they laugh and say, "This is another one of your friends from the internet, isn't it..."

Yea but you just can't seem to get them to join in! How's Two Beers?

Missa

How's Two Beers?
I haven't seen him in quite a while but I think he is fine. The last time I saw him was after he had persuaded me to trade a day off with him. He said he owed me something so I told him he looked like a strong guy and asked him to help me move some cabinets in my basement in advance of the construction which is happening now. :D

I think Two Beers was the first guy from work that I managed to drag along to meet internet friends....

I haven't seen him in quite a while but I think he is fine. The last time I saw him was after he had persuaded me to trade a day off with him. He said he owed me something so I told him he looked like a strong guy and asked him to help me move some cabinets in my basement in advance of the construction which is happening now. :D

I think Two Beers was the first guy from work that I managed to drag along to meet internet friends....

Oooo... and you had him meet Me, Dave and Razor.... :hairraise:

He did admit he came along after he found out you were meeting people from the internet, just to make sure the car came back. :rofl:

Oooo... and you had him meet Me, Dave and Razor.... :hairraise:
I think he survived although he did tell me that he was a little surprised when Razor introduced herself as "Razor". :eek:

He did admit he came along after he found out you were meeting people from the internet, just to make sure the car came back. :rofl:
Yeah I think he was wondering what he was going to tell our boss if I didn't come back. Funny having a chaperone who is 15 years younger than me...

I gotta get a trip to CO somehow. Nobody comes through ATL :rolleyes:
But I have to say this is a good network. I've had mucho fun meeting POAers in Dallas, Houston, New York and of course Gastons.

I gotta get a trip to CO somehow. Nobody comes through ATL :rolleyes:
Awww... Too bad, I've been to Atlanta on occasion but with the new scheme of things, probably not so much any more. I probably have a better chance of seeing you in Texas sometime.

Back