PoA was down for part of the night

jesse

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Jesse
PoA was down for part of the night. I did get pages when it went down at some crazy stupid time like 5:30 am but was too tired from a bunch of other stuff that I wasn't really able to interpret them.

Last edited:
Then, you do take responsibility for your inadequacies? You can't work 24/7? :)

What happen? I'm just curious. I had thought it was fed by two separate servers to prevent interruption.

What happen? I'm just curious. I had thought it was fed by two separate servers to prevent interruption.

He *does* work 24/7; he was just busy with work that ... ummm.... feeds him? You can tell by a quick glance that he does not eat enough anyway! :D

I can vouch for the fact that he was up pretty dang late working his paying gig. Jesse was in our data center until some time after 3AM (at which point I went to bed and Jesse had to drive an hour back to Lincoln).

He replicates the site, files and database to a backup server. If the primary server blows up in an explosion he can bring everything up on the secondary server but it does take a small amount of reconfiguration to make the secondary server the primary server.

Last edited:
I can vouch for the fact that he was up pretty dang late working his paying gig. Jesse was in our data center until some time after 3AM (at which point I went to bed and Jesse had to drive an hour back to Lincoln)....

:eek:
That is not good. After a 50-something hour weekend session in my datacenter, while driving home our vendor rep hit the curb and damaged his car.

(One of a few "We'll bring it down at 6 PM Friday night ...." ...and ... we barely got it back up Monday morning at 2 AM.)

I can vouch for the fact that he was up pretty dang late working his paying gig. Jesse was in our data center until some time after 3AM (at which point I went to bed and Jesse had to drive an hour back to Lincoln).

He replicates the site, files and database to a backup server. If the primary server blows up in an explosion he can bring everything up on the secondary server but it does take a small amount of reconfiguration to make the secondary server the primary server.

:eek:
That is not good. After a 50-something hour weekend session in my datacenter, while driving home our vendor rep hit the curb and damaged his car.

(One of a few "We'll bring it down at 6 PM Friday night ...." ...and ... we barely got it back up Monday morning at 2 AM.)

When I was running the systems engineering group I would authorize my guys to grab a hotel close to the switch center so they could just crash for a few hours instead of risking the drive. Because of the rick of accident.

yabut do you think Jesse would listen? :)

When I was running the systems engineering group I would authorize my guys to grab a hotel close to the switch center so they could just crash for a few hours instead of risking the drive. Because of the rick of accident.

Interesting choice of words. That anybody ever thought they were "running" such a group never occurred to me. It always seemed more like herding cats.

He is so authorized and has done so on a couple of occasions. He has a company credit card and has been given full permission to use it in cases such as this if he feels unable to make the drive.

yabut do you think Jesse would listen? :)

There's hope. We can see signs that as he gets older he realizes that he gets ummmmm... challenged.... like the rest of us, or "I wish I was as smart now as I thought I was when I was 18."

Back