POA Statistics: Jesse > Scott

Dang it, Scott! I thought my browser was flipping out on me. :p

easier way to get the userid? Make a post, and then hover over your name.

(That's why I'm posting)

Hey, neat, I have a big average:

Total Words: 359515
Average words per post: 73.9742798354

Humm.. We don't know each other at all, but this statement might scare quite a few people. As well, uh..er..backing up email, or other things might possibly, just might possibly put someone on a hook they don't want to be on if there's ever a question in court. :hairraise:

Perry

Hm--What do you mean?

I wrote a system that crawled the POA website and downloaded every post. From there I parsed through all 260,000 posts and built a database. So basically--I downloaded POA.

It took some time...About 30 hours of work..A lot more of CPU processing time...All to prove I had a higher average then Scott.

Hm--What do you mean?

I wrote a system that crawled the POA website and downloaded every post. From there I parsed through all 260,000 posts and built a database. So basically--I downloaded POA.

It took some time...About 30 hours of work..A lot more of CPU processing time...All to prove I had a higher average then Scott.

Jesse is my biggest fan!

Ya know Scott, some people with actual time on their hands can draw airplanes with that many words and colors.

Hm--What do you mean?

Hello,

I don't mean to be picky here and we're all supposed to be professionals as well as cyber acquaintances (spelling?). However, many internet providers do NOT backup email or chat stuff for the simple reason of possible liability. For example, someone decides to sue someone on this board for whatever reason. Those stored posts can possibly be pulled as evidence.

Just a thought you might want to consider. Basically, I have no bone to pick. You might consider not saying "how" you know these numbers. :)

Perry

Hello,

I don't mean to be picky here and we're all supposed to be professionals as well as cyber acquaintances (spelling?). However, many internet providers do NOT backup email or chat stuff for the simple reason of possible liability. For example, someone decides to sue someone on this board for whatever reason. Those stored posts can possibly be pulled as evidence.

Just a thought you might want to consider. Basically, I have no bone to pick. You might consider not saying "how" you know these numbers. :)

Perry

Considering how---Google has a cache of a vast majority of the posts here...And Yahoo has a cache..and god know who else has a cache..

And archive.org has a cache.... I think--if you say something--expect it to be held against you. That's part of writing in the public. Remember the internet is cached by large corporations down to the guy in the apartment next to you that has no life.

Last edited:
I think what Scott really meant was
Need more attention! Need more attention! Need more attention! Need more attention! Need more attention! Need more attention! Need more attention! Need more attention! Need more attention! Need more attention! Need more attention! Need more attention! Need more attention! Need more attention! Need more attention! Need more attention!

:)

(As do all of us!)

Perhaps we're looking at the wrong criteria to define greatness.

It looks like UserID is assigned in the order of registration, therefore it shows seniority. We know from the airlines that seniority is everything.

Me <--- 4 = greatness

Perhaps we're looking at the wrong criteria to define greatness.

It looks like UserID is assigned in the order of registration, therefore it shows seniority. We know from the airlines that seniority is everything.

Me <--- 4 = greatness

Well, I have four digits in my user name. If you add those four digits up it equals 7.

7 > 4

It's all science and math.

This clearly is a case where less is more. What I'd like to see is a correlation of intelligence and amount of words used. For added viewing pleasure, highlight use of certain words. For example, duh, totally awesome dude, doh!, wow, great, and splendid job old chap.

Back