PoA should have an annual photo contest

I'm all for it. It would be nice to have a few different catagories (People, planes, places, and things). We could even have our own PoAward.

silver-eagle said:
I'm all for it. It would be nice to have a few different catagories (People, planes, places, and things). We could even have our own PoAward.

So am I! I like your idea of different catagories also. I gives people like me who don't get into the air much anymore a chance to compete.:cheerswine:

silver-eagle said:
It would be nice to have a few different catagories (People, planes, places, and things).

Must have a weather category.

Interesting idea. As an avid photographer, how could I resist such a contest? ;)

Of course, as part of Management...I suppose I'm exempt. :(

(Wonder if Chuck would accept a resignation?)

Thank you. I like you guy ideas. Frank Cason & John I am also thinking that we should have a GA & Commerical aircraft category. Frank, as for not getting up in the air very often I am in the same boat but you can still take pictures from the ground...which is what I mainly do. :)

Brian Austin said:
Interesting idea. As an avid photographer, how could I resist such a contest? ;)

Of course, as part of Management...I suppose I'm exempt. :(

Now Brian,

Don't go and do anything silly like telling PoA Mngt. that you are going to resign. I mean you can always post your photos and be an honorable mention. :p

HPNFlyGirl said:
If every year is too much we can always have a "Biennial" photo contest. :D
And could call it the "Biennial Review"! :rofl:

Actually why not someting more frequent and less ambitious, say "photo of the month" (or week)? It's give more POA'ers a chance to get a snap featured (maybe a slot on the home page for a time or such?).

BTW, Brooke, great idea. Sending positive rep your way (does anyone do that anymore?).

Thanks T-Bone. I love your idea. Photo of the week seems good to me. Then we should put all the photos of the week into a photo of the year drawing or judging and they can win the grand prize.

Thanks for the rep points. I still give them out to people, so yes...people still give rep points.

HPNFlyGirl said:
Thank you. I like you guy ideas. Frank Cason & John I am also thinking that we should have a GA & Commerical aircraft category. Frank, as for not getting up in the air very often I am in the same boat but you can still take pictures from the ground...which is what I mainly do. :)

Every airshow that comes around, I add to my photo collection. At last Novembers airshow I got a great photo (I thought) of two F-22 Raptors doing a flyover at NAS Jax. But alas, when the photos came back....you guessed it...nada. That sky grey camo paint they use on those things sure does work!:yes::blueplane:

Frank Browne said:
Every airshow that comes around, I add to my photo collection. At last Novembers airshow I got a great photo (I thought) of two F-22 Raptors doing a flyover at NAS Jax. But alas, when the photos came back....you guessed it...nada. That sky grey camo paint they use on those things sure does work!:yes::blueplane:

Frank I feel your pain. Do you have a digital camera or just 35 mm?

Brian said:
Does "**** no!!!!" answer the question? ;)

I like the contest idea - not sure what we'd give away - prestige maybe? But - I'm still waiting on the new version of the software at which time we're going to be changing over from the "Member Hangar" system to a more robust system for storing pics and even categorizing them and such. That would make a picture contest a lot easier to manage - and in fact the new tools even has voting capability of some sort that might make a contest even EASIER to run. ;)

I think we should do a photo of the week (or month), and then, once a year, a big photo contest amongst the weekly or monthy winners.

Just my 2 cents.

I know....no one asked.

Greebo said:
Does "**** no!!!!" answer the question? ;)

I like the contest idea - not sure what we'd give away - prestige maybe? But - I'm still waiting on the new version of the software at which time we're going to be changing over from the "Member Hangar" system to a more robust system for storing pics and even categorizing them and such. That would make a picture contest a lot easier to manage - and in fact the new tools even has voting capability of some sort that might make a contest even EASIER to run. ;)

That would be way cool.B) How about rep points for the weekly or monthly winners? Can the administrators add bulk rep points to an individual for a winning photo?:dunno:

Back