POA Questions

kellyo

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
kello
Who is the admistrator of this website? Other then a forum, what is POA?
How do we donate toward the operational costs of the forum? Is POA having a sweepstakes for a plane giveaway like AOPA? Besides a different name, how is POA forum differ from AOPA forums? How do I make homemade 100LL?

That's all I can think of for now.

Kelly

Kelly,

Welcome to POA. I would direct you to this link: http://www.pilotsofamerica.com/forum/faq.php?faq=vb_faq#faq_faq_rules_of_conduct

You'll find the answers to most of your questions there. Specifically:
kellyo said:
Who is the admistrator of this website?
Greebo is the site administrator with help from a few of the more technical among the management group including Brian Austin and Mike Andrews.
kellyo said:
Other then a forum, what is POA?
There is no formal organization. POA is a forum for aviation enthusiasts.
kellyo said:
How do we donate toward the operational costs of the forum?
It is not necessary to donate. There are a hand full of members who have committed to supporting the POA financially and will keep it running unless the cost just gets prohibitive. If you would like to donate however, there are several ways and we truly do appreciate the help. Contact Greebo for more information.
kellyo said:
Is POA having a sweepstakes for a plane giveaway like AOPA?
We've considered doing this but haven't made a decision yet. Some of us think we should give away a new Eclipse and others think a new Lancair Columbia would be enough. The discussions will continue and we'll hold off doing anything until the management team reaches consensus.
kellyo said:
Besides a different name, how is POA forum differ from AOPA forums?
POA is a moderated forum. To understand how that effects the quality of life here just stick around for a while. Read the rules of conduct to see if this is the kind of place you would enjoy. I hope it is. More than one of the POA regulars has likened it to sitting on the front porch visiting with friends. That's the way I think of it.
kellyo said:
How do I make homemade 100LL?
There are several ways to do this. You might check this link: http://www.texasescapes.com/Texas1930s/Gasoline.htm
Some of us make it by converting currency into fuel. I've found that the octane content of US currency isn't what it used to be. Not long ago I could convert less than $2 US into a gallon of 100LL. Now it takes well over $3 to produce the same quantity of fuel.

Again, welcome to POA. Pull up a chair and sit for awhile.

Chip Gibbons

Wow Chip, thanks for taking the time. You answered all my questions thoroughly. For what it is worth, I'd be happy with the Lancair ;) .

kellyo said:
Wow Chip, thanks for taking the time. You answered all my questions thoroughly. For what it is worth, I'd be happy with the Lancair ;) .

Do you want a 350 or a 400? I think they call themselves Columbia (recent name change).

gibbons said:
We've considered doing this but haven't made a decision yet. Some of us think we should give away a new Eclipse and others think a new Lancair Columbia would be enough. The discussions will continue and we'll hold off doing anything until the management team reaches consensus.
I think you should consider a high wing airplane. ;)

Chip could donate his Extra 300, I would love to have that sitting in the hanger.:yes:

Back