POA Partnerships?

LJS1993

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
LJ Savala
Has there ever been a partnership in an aircraft started among POA members? It would seem logical for members of this forum who live relatively near each other to share an aircraft. Has this ever occurred?

There have been people in partnerships that were all members of PoA - however - I don't think any of them established it via PoA.

Ok. How about this? Someone from POA and I have talked about an aircraft partnership. We have another guy who expressed interest. We are looking for 1 more. We plan on basing the plane at KPWK. We're looking for a Cherokee 235 or similar.

Ok. How about this? Someone from POA and I have talked about an aircraft partnership. We have another guy who expressed interest. We are looking for 1 more. We plan on basing the plane at KPWK. We're looking for a Cherokee 235 or similar.

Now that's what I was thinking of right there. Can you imagine the awesome aircraft some of the guys around here could afford if they hung together like a club?

Ted and Laurie met through PoA, and now they're married and have a staggeringly cute kid, who'll grow up serenely happy in every resect, save and except being irreconcilably conflicted over the simple question: fixed or rotary wings?

Ted and Laurie met through PoA, and now they're married and have a staggeringly cute kid, who'll grow up serenely happy in every resect, save and except being irreconcilably conflicted over the simple question: fixed or rotary wings?

Aww shucks, thanks Spike. :)

Fixed wing. :D

I wouldn't want my flying partner to be able to call me out on the BS I post on POA now, would I.

I wouldn't want my flying partner to be able to call me out on the BS I post on POA now, would I.

If you had multiple PoA identities, you could call yourself out or point out to others, how on point you are. You could even start an airplane partnership with yourself and then all members would be in PoA.

Didn't Dr. Bruce and Jay go in on an RV-8 together?

(I'm here all week, don't forget to tip your waitress)

Didn't Dr. Bruce and Jay go in on an RV-8 together?

(I'm here all week, don't forget to tip your waitress)

Would've been a 10 so that they have room for both the two of them and their wives to all four travel.

Now that's what I was thinking of right there. Can you imagine the awesome aircraft some of the guys around here could afford if they hung together like a club?

Exactly, not sure why more people don't form partnerships. The quality and performance of the plane would increase dramically while reducing costs. :dunno:

Take an RV-6. Great performance, good speed.

Say $60k for a drop dead gorgeous one, constant speed prop, glass panel, IFR. Divide the costs between 3 guys and you are flying for the cost of a Cub.

Exactly, not sure why more people don't form partnerships. The quality and performance of the plane would increase dramically while reducing costs. :dunno:

Take an RV-6. Great performance, good speed.

Say $60k for a drop dead gorgeous one, constant speed prop, glass panel, IFR. Divide the costs between 3 guys and you are flying for the cost of a Cub.

I think it would only make logical sense for a bunch of guys with the same interests on the same forum to get together and buy a plane.

For those in the Denver area, see the link in my sig ... we have openings.

If you had multiple PoA identities, you could call yourself out or point out to others, how on point you are. You could even start an airplane partnership with yourself and then all members would be in PoA.

Ahhhhhhh......

The good old days of Usenet and sock puppets...

Back