POA - OSH meetup! (attendance list)

ntbjounin

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Jounin
Do we have a POA attendance list?

I'd like to know who's going. I haven't met very many of you, so maybe we can meet up.

If you're coming, just say your Name, and arrival and departure dates.
If you're camping next to a plane, where are you parking?

PM me your phone # if you're uncomfortable putting it on this post...

Leslie and I plan to be there Sunday through Sunday, camping with the MyTransponder folks (and Linda and others) in Camp Scholler. Our phone numbers are on Tim's cell phone list.

Greg and Sharon Bockelman. Saturday to approximately Wednesday. With the 195 guys. N9872A

We're getting out of here as soon as the wx breaks. It's been fun hanging with the formation guys, and we've made some wonderful new friends, but I'm sick both literally and fiugratively, and it is time to be elsewhere.

Christopher and I (Lynn) Merli are also on Tim M.'s phone list. We'll be at the show Monday and Tuesday. :thumbsup: Then headed home... the husband is giving me that "I wanna be elsewhere" look too, Steingar. Sigh. :( I think he has had enough airplanes and airports for awhile.

Mary, Becca and I are planning to attend from today through at least Thursday. That plan is obviously "up in the air" right now, due to conditions in OSH.

Our group fly-up from Iowa City to OSH had to be cancelled today. We had 7 planes lined up, with no where to go, due to flooding on the field at Oshkosh. We've got PERFECT flying weather throughout the Upper Midwest, just to rub salt in the wound...

Some of our group headed to Sheboygan. Some headed to Baraboo. We've opted to sit tight here in Iowa City until we get "the Word" that the field is open for arrivals.

This SUCKS.

Yes sir, it surely does.

I am seriously considering just heading up and seeing what happens.

I'm going in Tuesday with friends and staying until ??? I have rides home on Friday and Sunday, so it entirely depends on how much fun I'm having (did you know that Appleton has a Harry Houdini museum?)

We'll be driving up either this afternoon or tomorrow and staying until we leave! :) (Probably next Sunday)

Yes sir, it surely does.

I am seriously considering just heading up and seeing what happens.

I'm thinking the same thing. I wonder what the situation is at all the outlier Wisconsin airports is right now. Are there 100's of planes waiting for the "Word" before darting their last 45 minutes into OSH?

Is Monday morning going to be a jam packed event?

I've got an e-STMP reservation for 1215 local tomorrow.... I think that's going to be my drop dead. Even if i get diverted to FLD.

I'd rather not stay at FLD though.....

Last edited:
Im flying up next Tuesday thru Sat weather permitting. I should be in general aviation camping if my pilot can get it in there. My plane is a yellow Cessna 172 N13544.

Cessnas 2 Oshkosh is at Juneau (UNU). We will be departing by bus this evening and camping at OSH under the stars instead of under a wing. We will be having another flyover this afternoon, approximately 4:00.

The flyover has been cancelled for safety and good citizenship. Too crowded and busy around here.

I'm here (KOSH) camping at the SW corner of the north 40. The B2Osh group arrival was scrubbed (as were all the other non-warbird groups) due to a lack of airplane campsites. The Bonanza group was given permission to set up camp sans airplanes if we could find a way in. I was able to park my Baron on Basler's ramp (they were only taking twins) and the Orion FBO said they had room for 50 Bonanzas (they ended up with many more). That batch plus me and a few more Barons came in yesterday around noon and started making a tent city. Another large group of Bonanzas went to Manitowac today (Sunday) where they were supposed to be met with buses to run over to Osh but something got messed up and the buses didn't show up so they went to Appleton and AFaIK haven't made it here yet.

They still haven't opened the north 40 for airplane camping. Rumor has it that EAA may allow some airplanes to park on Tuesday although it seems to me that some areas might be dry enough by tomorrow. Since around Friday they only allowed warbirds, vintage, and experimentals to park.

My tent is pretty much next to the road at row 540. My sell # is six 1 too ate six sevon for won oh too.

Last edited:
I'll be there from, uh, sometime until Sunday.

I hope everyone is planning on coming to Podapalooza, Friday night at 7-9 PM on the main stage at the Honda Forums Plaza. :yes:

"Sometime" will probably be Tuesday - I was going to go today, but I managed to pull a Lance Flynn when I went to leave. :D

Anyone -

I live 8 miles from UNU and have a guest house I can offer up to anyone stuck there. It has a queen-size and I can put an air mattress up there, too. Just thinking that the facilities at UNU might be a bit over-taxed at the moment. Send me a PM if interested.

-Jim

Just left KOSH. We're heading home now. Airplanes were starting to be parked on the field as we left.

I will be driving in Wed night and staying through sunday morning. I have family (lucky me!) within 15 min of the airport.

Back