PoA isn’t unique…

Llewtrah381

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Llewtrah
My wife saw this in one of her FB groups (I’m not personally on FB). Sounds familiar…:D:D

Q: How many community group members does it take to change a light bulb ?
1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed.
14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently.
7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs.
6 to argue over whether it's 'lightbulb' or 'light bulb'.
Another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid.
22 to tell THOSE 6 to stop being jerks.
5 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is 'lamp'.
15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that 'light bulb' is perfectly correct.
49 to post memes and gifs (several are of Michael Jackson eating popcorn with the words added, “I’m just here for the comments.”)
19 to post that this page is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a light bulb page.
11 to defend the posting to this page saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant here.
24 to discuss the merits of LED/swirly fluorescent light bulbs
44 to claim LED and fluorescent bulbs will kill you.
12 to post F.
8 to ask what F means.
7 to post 'Following' but there's 3 dots at the top right that means you don't have to.
15 to say "can't share"
2 to reply "can't share from a closed group"
36 People to post pics of their own light bulbs.
15 People to post "I can't see S$%^!" and use their own light bulbs.
6 to report the post or PM an admin because someone said "f÷×$"
4 to say "Didn't we go through this already a short time ago?".
13 to say "Do a search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs".
5 admins to ban the light bulb posters who took it all too seriously.
1 late arrival to comment on the original post 6 months later and start it all over again.
20 to give up on fb and take their dogs for a walk instead.*****
And then somebody announces they are leaving the group over the light bulb post, and someone replies back that this isn't an airport so you don't need to announce your departure.

Someone has too much time on their hands ... :)

I knew there was a risk it could be misinterpreted that way…;)

So a LED and a fluorescent were sitting in a bar drinking. The LED leans over and whispers in the fluorescent's ear. "I'd like to take that old flicker bulb over there back to the motel room and make some lumens."

The fluorescent was horrified. "That is an incandescent proposal!"

Judging by posting volume and frequency, I’d say there are some on PoA with the same affliction…:)

Well, I was supposed to go camping this weekend, but the campground is closed from the foot of rain they got last week and they got another 2 inches of rain today. Can't fly for the same reason. Airplane is already washed and waxed, my tax return is almost done already, and I really don't want to start painting that bathroom...

I thought to be eccentric you had to be old. For which I qualify.

Back