POA hits WSJ

Quoting my imaginary bubbie "His RV-8 is a thing of beauty. And the panel, oiy, I've never seen such a thing in such a small airplane. Screens and buttons everywhere, I don't know how does it. And the third wheel, it's in the wrong place. Imagine he lands on his tail, it's like one of my kids falling down. And he's such a nice guy. You should see his band, takes me back to when my kids were young. Remember how they used to have that airport in Flushing. We lived right near there. Queens, I loved living in Queens." But I digress.

Beautiful plane. He built it himself. Great workmanship. Unbelievably well equipped.

Ah Ha!!! Fake News. Actually not. That was another pilot. Scroll a little over halfway down where they start talking about @Jon Weiswasser , the pic is the RV8
When I first tried to read the article I hit a paywall, so didn't get to read it. Something changed so now I have access to the whole story. Jon's RV-8 is indeed very special.

Nice article!

Landing at a Bravo ain't on my list. Heck I'd rather bring back all the fields I've landed on.

Howell in Chicagoland is one, of course Miegs, and even my first strip... McBride. Among others...

With only .5% of the population being active PPLs. I'm sure we'll lose more places to land.

Sigh... Get it while you can, it won't last forever.

fly to the scene of the incident, or be recovered at the scene of the tragedy

Back