POA Forum Software

My guess: What software does the PoA site run on?
Answer:
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

OK, here's an even weirder question:

I'm setting up a board and have gotten to the censor screen. I'm not terribly imaginative in deciding what needs to be added to the list.

How do I find a list of words to censor? I don't even know what's on George Carlin's list.

Please don't reply here with inappropriate words.

Just be sure that you can write, "Cumberland."

OK, here's an even weirder question:

I'm setting up a board and have gotten to the censor screen. I'm not terribly imaginative in deciding what needs to be added to the list.

How do I find a list of words to censor? I don't even know what's on George Carlin's list.

Please don't reply here with inappropriate words.

Here is a list. I didn't look it over very close so you might want to remove dual purpose words.

NSFW, blah blah, etc, etc, don't ban me.
http://files-upload.com/files/455205/censored words.txt

and

:D

Actually, there are probably a few words beyond Carlin's (not mentioned above) that belong in the censor list (depending on how "family friendly" you want the board to be). We've got a few more here... I'll also point out that - unless they've fixed the program - it will also take out portions of legitimate words that contain the same characters in sequence. So be a bit judicious on the words you add.

Last edited:
When I worked at a dot-com startup before there were dot-coms, the coders needed a similar list. They sponsored us to go the private room in the bar in the building and think up the words and write them on whitepapers on the wall. Those were the days.

The owner, who was briefed as to what we wanted to do, wasn't real happy when he saw it happening.

I didn't help when I pointed out you could say some really dirty things without using one bad word, - like the pervs on AOL were doing at the time - and then I gave an example.

A lot of women in that office didn't like me. ;) :dunno:

I didn't help when I pointed out you could say some really dirty things without using one bad word, - like the pervs on AOL were doing at the time - and then I gave an example.

A lot of women in that office didn't like me. ;) :dunno:
So, are you saying you were one of the pioneering pervs on AOL? :D

I'll also point out that - unless they've fixed the program - it will also take out portions of legitimate words that contain the same characters in sequence. So be a bit judicious on the words you add.

And always remember - Censorship of certain words isn't always a good idea. AOL banned "breasts" at one point, which drew a lot of criticism from their online breast cancer support group. :eek:

And always remember - Censorship of certain words isn't always a good idea. AOL banned "breasts" at one point, which drew a lot of criticism from their online breast cancer support group. :eek:
I figure the policy here is pretty liberal thanks to deer penis delicacies enjoyed by Scott. :)

Thanks to Jesse, I have a whole new lexicon. Words to describe things one can only imagine.

I think my head is going to explode!

Back