POA fly in to KBID, KTGI or similar?

Anthony

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Anthony
I'd like to do a day trip to one of these.....KBID, KTGI, W29, etc before the summer ends. I think September offers some great flying and with the cooler temps, nice walking, and touring. Plus Adam wants to go to one of these. :)

Any interest? 9/17 or 9/18 look good?

Man, the wife is away for two weeks. I bet I could sneak off to one of those places. Of course, she did spend all of our money on HER trip, leaving me with squat.

Man, the wife is away for two weeks. I bet I could sneak off to one of those places. Of course, she did spend all of our money on HER trip, leaving me with squat.

Well OK then!

ACK! ( and I don't mean the airport) I'll be at a conference that weekend:(

Come west a little instead of east and I could make it.

Come west a little instead of east and I could make it.

There is nothing west until you get to Denver. Trust me, I've flown it. Several times.

Seriously, what would you propose? Nemacolin?

Last edited:
Me neither. That's why I stay in the suburbs. ;)

Would free room and board change anyone's fiscal problems enough that you'd all come here? ;)

I haven't got enough money to go there.

Denver or Nemacolin? I'm thinking of just a day trip, not overnighter, so would rather keep it to TGI or BID, or something within about an hour or so from Philly.

Heh... I was just joking around about Denver... anyone's welcome, anytime... just PM.

I'd like to do a day trip to one of these.....KBID, KTGI, W29, etc before the summer ends. I think September offers some great flying and with the cooler temps, nice walking, and touring. Plus Adam wants to go to one of these. :)

Any interest? 9/17 or 9/18 look good?

I'd love to go to KTGI, but September is unlikely :(

ACK! ( and I don't mean the airport) I'll be at a conference that weekend:(

We can pick another one Sport.

9/24? Bueller, Bueller..........

Last edited:
How is patuxent with respect to R-4006, or, more importantly, R-6609?

How is patuxent with respect to R-4006, or, more importantly, R-6609?

Holy Non sequitur, Batman!

Presuming you're approaching TGI from the west, call Pax Approach on 120.05 and inquire if those two restricted areas are cold. If so, blow on through. If not, a detour is in order. More often than not, they're cold on the weekends.

I'll say that if anyone comes to BID between August 12-17, I'll be glad to take you to breakfast or lunch. We'll be up visiting my parents at their cottage on the island that week.

I'd be interested in either one. I feel guilty about signing up, though. My personal weather minimums are, some would say, laughably restrictive.

So put me down as a yes, and keep our fingers crossed about the weather.

I'd be interested in either one. I feel guilty about signing up, though. My personal weather minimums are, some would say, laughably restrictive.

So put me down as a yes, and keep our fingers crossed about the weather.

You know the original post is a year old, and has already happened.

...unless you're referring to Tim's offer for breakfast or Lunch.

We never had an organized POA fly in to either locations, however, summer's here and it would be a nice time to do one.

We never had an organized POA fly in to either locations, however, summer's here and it would be a nice time to do one.

Thanks for saving at least a shred of my dignity. I would be up to go to either spot. My preference would be BID.

Barry

And thank you for pointing out my error as gently as you did.

Technically isn't this a Fly OUT?

Fly in, Fly out. Guess IT DEPENDS. :D

I'll look at the calender, maybe we can coordinate with Tim.

No worries Barry. I don't pay much attention to dates anyway. :)

My wife and I would be game. I love riding bike around the island. Name the dates and we will see if I can get off.

Mary and I may make it as well.....

We have a Gulf Shores Alabama trip in September.....I guess I should check the dates.

I'll look at the calender and post some dates.

KBID is only 52 NM for me so I'm clearly biased (I get to log X-C unlike KMVY lol), but what an amazing place to fly in to. I've been there twice now. It's so small that the traffic pattern encompasses most of the island. Once you're on the ground, it's an $11 taxi ride to Water St. where there's a big stretch of beaches, harbors, shops, and very good restaurants. I was there a week and a half ago and I can't wait to go back.

Anything happening with this? Would love to participate if the date works.

Adam or Anthony

Give us some advance notice on the dates. Would like to catch up with everyone.

I guess Adam is going to Central Jersey as I knew nothing about it. I see no reason to go there, but hey, its a free country. :D

Tentatively looking at 8/12 or 8/19 for KBID. Any preferences?

Last edited:
Not yet, we're thinking about Central Jersey instead

Central Jersey Regional Airport (47N)? What are you thinking of doing there? Visit the pizzeria or the RC field? Not much else there besides cheap gas.

Or do you mean an airport, TBD, somewhere in central NJ?

Barry

Re: Fly in to KBID - Sat. 8/18

OK, I'm going to go to KBID, Block Island on Saturday 8/18. It would be great to get a group to go there.

This is not an "official" POA fly-in or fly-out so to speak but if anyone wants to meet up there, we can coordinate arrivals, lunch, and rent scooters, etc to see the island.

Weather will have to be VFR, so we'll pick a rain date if/when we're weathered out.

Last edited:
Re: Fly in to KBID - Sat. 8/19

OK, I'm going to go to KBID, Block Island on Saturday 8/19. It would be great to get a group to go there.

Think that August 19 is a SUNDAY.

I'll put it on the calendar, see what happens. Never been there before.

Gary

Re: Fly in to KBID - Sat. 8/18

Think that August 19 is a SUNDAY.

I'll put it on the calendar, see what happens. Never been there before.

Gary

You're right Gary. I meant Saturday, August, 18th. Sorry!

Back