POA Fantasy Football?

dell30rb

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Ren
Anyone interested for 2013? Last year was my first time playing and it was a lot of fun. You don't need to be a sports nut to participate, but it just might turn you into one.

I created a league on ESPN. Standard rules. Its free and easy to use on either a PC or iPad/Android.

Hopefully we can get 8 or 10 players! PM me with your e-mail and I will send you an invitation.

For anyone who has not played before:

You create a team with NFL players. Each week your team plays head to head with another member's team. The team that scores the most points that week wins the matchup. The team with the best record at the end of the regular season wins.

Each week you can play 1 QB, 2 Running Backs, 2 Wide recievers, 1 "flex" (either RB or WR), 1 Tight End, a Team's Defense, and a Kicker. You have several bench spots. All the big name players will be on teams at the beginning of the season (draft), but you can trade with other teams, and there will be a lot of free agents not drafted at the beginning of the season that will suddenly heat up.

Before the games start each week, you must decide who is playing and who is on the bench. Adjust your roster based on matchups and how you feel each individual player you have is going to perform in their game that week. You can adjust this right up until game time. Each active player you have earns points for your team when they play. As an example, a QB earns 6 points for a TD pass or run, a WR earns 6 points for a TD catch, an RB earns a certain number of points for a TD scored and I think 1 point for every 10 yards rushing. A kicker earns points for each FG made, and a defense earns points for every sack, or a pick six etc...

Each week the players are ranked by ESPN in terms of the number of points the analysts expect them to score. The website and app track all of this and make it really easy. You can just follow the rankings for players you don't know, but do try and put some thought into it. The rankings are a crapshoot and you can gain an advantage by thinking about the matchups each week etc... The app makes this easy with up to date commentary on each player and their matchup.

It takes maybe 15 minutes of work during the week to set your players for the week, and the scoring is real time so you can watch your team rack up points while watching the games on sunday, monday or thursday...

Last edited:
Back