POA Database Error

vBulletin gets cranky at times. I get spontaneous bursts of errors emailed to me when it screws up on another site I run. Usually it's transient (typically a race condition when someone is deleting a post they still have open in another browser or the like), but if my mail box gets continual spew then I have to go figure out what is happening.

I thought it was me - I was trying to post something, and I got database errors when I clicked Submit Reply. Hitting the back button, same thing. I found that as long as I accessed the site as a guest from a different browser, I could load pages just fine, but the browser from which I was logged in kept getting errors. Eventually the site reloaded for me in the first browser but I had to log back in - though I hadn't been inactive long enough to be auto-logged out.

Of course, my post was gone, gone, gone... :mad2:

posting has been slow for me for a couple days - I thought the delay might be on my end but maybe it's a POA problem?

posting has been slow for me for a couple days - I thought the delay might be on my end but maybe it's a POA problem?

Same here....

I hit submit and it takes 2-3 seconds to send....

Before , it was instant...:confused:

(I'm moving this thread to "Site Feedback and Support"...that forum is monitored for exactly this purpose)

I did a lot of work on the servers last night. I've set up and configured a test site running a different forum software as a trial for possible upgrades.

At one point I had to set up a replicated MySQL database server in another data center so I did a read lock on the db in order to get a clean db dump. I timed it before hand and it took < 4 minutes so I didn't notify anyone.

Besides...it was almost midnight on new years eve...you should have been out partying! ;)

(I'm moving this thread to "Site Feedback and Support"...that forum is monitored for exactly this purpose)

I did a lot of work on the servers last night. I've set up and configured a test site running a different forum software as a trial for possible upgrades.

At one point I had to set up a replicated MySQL database server in another data center so I did a read lock on the db in order to get a clean db dump. I timed it before hand and it took < 4 minutes so I didn't notify anyone.

Besides...it was almost midnight on new years eve...you should have been out partying! ;)
The error probably had more to do with 6PC's wacko threads than anything. Maybe it they didn't go so far afield, the system wouldn't think it needed to smack him around.
Where's Eren? I thought it was the wife's job to keep him in line.

Back