PoA Book Club Title Available

JasonCT

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
JasonCT
I have Mari's (Everskyward) beautiful 1954 ed. of Guy Murchie's classic Song of the Sky up for the next lucky reader.

Rules are simple...read, enjoy, be gentle, sign it, and pass it along.

For anyone that has not read this book, I just learned that it is an aviation classic (I am new to all this), and it really is interesting considering its age.
Murchie writes about the theory of flight, all topis relating to it (weather, navigation, etc. etc. etc.) but be forewarned, its writen in a very deliberate and poetic style.
However a must read for the pilot buff.

Thanks Mari for the great offering!

I have Mari's (Everskyward) beautiful 1954 ed. of Guy Murchie's classic Song of the Sky up for the next lucky reader.

For anyone that has not read this book, I just learned that it is an aviation classic (I am new to all this), and it really is interesting considering its age.
Murchie writes about the theory of flight, all topis relating to it (weather, navigation, etc. etc. etc.) but be forewarned, its writen in a very deliberate and poetic style.

I'm very interested. I'll PM my address.

You got it Lance!
I'll send it out tomorrow for ya.

Just don't forget to sign it!

By the way, who has my Flying South? Last I heard, William B had it, was going to send it to... Greg Kainz?

Lemme know.

Song of the Sky is pretty fantastic.

Spike - Jesse has it, he was just talking about it yesterday, how he needs to read it.

And BTW, my copy of Flight of Passage is available. Same rules as before, read, sign, pass on to another PoAer or return to me. Anyone who wants it PM me. Its a quick, fun read, and a hell of a story!

Thanks, Tony.

I recall, then, that I need to send my copy of Goshawk Squadron to Greg Kainz, who was (IIRC) first on the list for that book.

I musn't have been paying attention. This is the first I've seen of a book club.

Tony, could I get Flight of Passage if still available? If yes I'll pm my info.

I've got a few books of my own I can toss in the ring as well.

I musn't have been paying attention. This is the first I've seen of a book club.

first PM gets it

I'd be interested at some point. Cool idea .. POA book club.

RT

I'm very interested. I'll PM my address.
Hope you enjoy the book, Lance. Like Jay mentioned, the book is written in a poetically descriptive style that does not exactly make it a page-turner, at least it wasn't for me. That said, the author's musings are often interesting and provide a very different perspective from anything I have ever read about flying.

Well there really isn't a formal book club, its just some people with books on flying that want to share them with other people.
So in the spirit of good PoA Karma we read and pass them along.
Feel free to add to the list!

RT

Greetings Roger, just watch for when Lance is done and he'll get it off to ya. Just remember to SIGN the book when you are done so Mari has a nice PoA record.

somone at one time was going to send me a book - CRS has set in and I can't recall who, when, or what book. So, if you sent me a book and am thinking I'm a rude old curmudgeon who hasn't acknowledged receipt, or that I can't read... I didn't get the book...

somone at one time was going to send me a book - CRS has set in and I can't recall who, when, or what book. So, if you sent me a book and am thinking I'm a rude old curmudgeon who hasn't acknowledged receipt, or that I can't read... I didn't get the book...

Nope, Greg, that was me (still is); I was reading Goshawk Squadron, and was going to send it... apparently misplaced my round tuit.

You may have PM'd your address to me, but if so, it's lost. Do it now, and it'll fly away!

Thanks for participating in the POA Book Club, one of the viral community things that makes POA, POA.

/s/ Spike

I have a very nice copy of Bob Buck's "North Star Over My Shoulder" (his autobiography) which I am more than happy to put into the pool of books being passed around.

An easy read, but with some interesting insights into the earlier days of aviation.

Drop me a PM....

RT

Are you still looking for "Song of the Sky"? I've finished reading it and am ready to send it along.

Hope you enjoy the book, Lance. Like Jay mentioned, the book is written in a poetically descriptive style that does not exactly make it a page-turner, at least it wasn't for me. That said, the author's musings are often interesting and provide a very different perspective from anything I have ever read about flying.

It did take me a bit longer than usual to get through as well, but parts of it were quite interesting. Coincidentally this past weekend I found a copy of the same book that my parents had at their home in Michigan.

Roger (iTitan) declined his slot to receive Song of the Sky. Who else want's to be next? If I get no takers soon I'll just bring it to Gaston's and hand it off to someone there.

-lance

Actually, bringing Book Club titles to Gaston's is a Great Idea! I might have a few I can dig up and bring!

Back