PoA Book Club - More titles available

drafttek

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Doug
This book club is great thing. I've got some I'll throw into circulation as well.

- Nothing by Chance by Richard Bach. About trying to see if you could still make a living barnstorming in the sixties. Light and entertaining.

- Inside the Sky: A Meditation on Flight by William Langewiesche. Yes son of Wolfgang. An interesting book. Purposely flying through the heart of thunderstorms?

- Fate is the Hunter by Ernest Gann. A must read for all flyers.

Let me know if you want one then sign it and pass it on.

Hey doug, I'll take Fate is the hunter if you care to send it my way!

Thanks for taking part!

Sure thing, Jay. PM your address and I'll get it out to you. Heck, You're so close I could probably deliver it.

Ok I'll add a book to the list
On Glorious Wings (the best flying stories of the century)
Edited and Introduced by
Stephen Coonts

this is a hardback book with 464 pages
Please make sure i get it back sometime (Christmas Present)
and Please sign the inside cover so i know where it went , Thank You

Dave Gaiski

I have several titles available as well! (More will come available as soon as I have finished reading them!)

"The Art of Flying", Robert "Bob" Buck (the master of aviation weather talks about the nuts and bolts of flying, particularly in IMC conditions)

"Heroes of the Horizon", Gerry Bruder ( a series of short interviews with those 'old time' bush pilots still alive in 1991, representing those who had significant impact on aviation in Alaska during the early years)

"Last of the Bush Pilots", Harmon Helmericks (autobiography of one of the early pioneers of bush piloting in Alaska)

My copies of these two books are already in circulation-

"North Star Over My Shoulder", Robert "Bob" Buck ( his autobiography, he recently passed away) and

"Flyboys", James Bradley (author of "Flags of our Fathers", about the deaths of several young American flyers at the hands of the Japanese on Chichi Jima, after being shot down during WW II)

Drop me a PM if interested in any of these books!

Still holding Tony's copy of "Flight of Passage" by Rinker Buck. The story of two teens and their cross country trip in the 60's. What they learn about flying... and themselves.

Looking for the next great home....

This book club is great thing. I've got some I'll throw into circulation as well.

- Nothing by Chance by Richard Bach. About trying to see if you could still make a living barnstorming in the sixties. Light and entertaining....

That is one of my all time favorite books in the entire world and probably had the most influence on my life to just go out and "do it". I am still following dreams started after I read that book. Enjoy it!!

My copies of these two books are already in circulation-

"North Star Over My Shoulder", Robert "Bob" Buck ( his autobiography, he recently passed away) and
Tony passed this one to me at AirVenture. I'm 50% done now, and love it! When I'm done, I'll pass it to Leslie (nepotism does have its place! :yes:), then post its availability.

I have a couple of books out myself. Greg B. picked one up at Gastons, though I don't remember which; maybe my copy of Rinker Buck's Flight of Passage. Hopefully, it didn't get misplaced during the move!

Steve Bonek has The Killing Zone, unless he's passed it on.

Back