PoA Book Club - Flight of Passage

silver-eagle

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
~John
I'd been planning to send this off to capecodjay but he doesn't seem to be around. It's up for grabs. First PM gets it!

"Flyboys"

I have a copy of "Flyboys", by James Bradley (author of "Flags of Our Fathers")
This is the true story of several American Flyers who were killed by the Japanese on Chichi Jima, the island next to Iwo Jima.

Great story, kept secret until somewhat after the war. Gives a great deal of historical detail of the military buildup of Japan, leading to WW II, and how America related to it.

Send PM if interested!

Ric

You might want to consider registering the books at bookcrossing.com if they're moving from person-to-person.
An interesting concept not unlike geo-caching. Our intent is to share the books with other PoA members though, and not just anyone.
BTW: anyone want "Flight of Passage" by Rinker Buck or should I send it back to the original owner? A personal review: It is a story of 15 year old Rinker Buck's cross country trip with his brother (then 17) Kern in a Piper J3, what he learns about himself, his brother, and his Dad. The trip was conducted in the late 60's.

I've read flight of Passage. Its an awesome story of how the boys worked together to restore their dads old piper cub. They then flew all the way to California and encountering all sorts of people and places along the way including stearman pilots both friendly and not so friendly, encountering a rough passage through the mountains testing the limits of their skills and the cub, and of course the hundreds of reporters who claim they are the youngest pilots to cross the US. I definitely enjoyed the book.

An interesting concept not unlike geo-caching. Our intent is to share the books with other PoA members though, and not just anyone.

And you can still do that since it's up to you where to send a book. Bookcrossing simplifies tracking a book and allows each person in the chain to share comments with the others.

Back