Status
Not open for further replies.

jesse

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Jesse
What ever happend with this idea?

Stalled - my fault really - was supposed to dig up images and send them and then got distracted.

I need to dig these up.

Greebo said:
Stalled - my fault really - was supposed to dig up images and send them and then got distracted.

I need to dig these up.

Got a little change in my pocket goin jinga linga ling.......

but each time we talk I get the same old thing

Oh, my honey, my baby, don't put my love upon no shelf

song? Heck, I just thought you all were REALLY GOOD! :D

Yeah, you do!

And (by the way), I'd buy a shirt or hat or sumpin' like that.

SCCutler said:
And (by the way), I'd buy a shirt or hat or sumpin' like that.

Me too. As long as it isn't a black T-shirt. Too many black T-shirts.

I want a nice, black or white all-cotton T-Shirt with front pocket, POA insignia embroidered into the pocket.

Hat: nice one, not a crappy foam hat, insignia embroidered, not printed.

Thong: not sure, maybe someone with a young, good-looking girlfriend can have volunteer a model? Anyone?

Folks please refrain from the comments about other aviation organizations, unless you have direct personal experience to share.

Greebo said:
Folks please refrain from the comments about other aviation organizations, unless you have direct personal experience to share.

You mean like being threatened with a lawsuit?
Or being told that you aren't "worthy" to be their customer?
:)

I beleive I've been threatened with a lawsuit three times now by Troy Martin. The last time I mentioned it my post was deleted.

Greebo said:

I need to dig these up.

Still willing to do it. Just let me know!

Ok - so if I call Troy Martin, and get a first hand experience with him, does that mean that POA will stop trying to suck up to him?

What's the deal, looking for a lucrative contract or something? I don't get it. I posted nothing more that the words "non-MAG." What's next, I post "No to Hillary!" and it'll get deleted. I post "TSA is messing things up!" and it will get deleted?

He's not special, Chuck, he's a guy that screwed up and refuses to learn by it, and slaps every one of us in the face everytime he does something. If you're afraid of lawsuit from him, than you should be afraid of lawsuit from the AP too, because there are MANY cases of copyrighted documents, posted in their entirety on your site, and they could sue! And they'd have a case, unlike Troy.

So come on. Fess up. What's going on between MAG and POA?

Greebo said:
Sure, if its happened to you. :)

On his website he pointed to a POA thread that I posted in and staed that the entire thread was an example of non-MAG pilots. I therefore have direct experience with him. Can I still continue to say how much I think he is bad for the aviation community, has a poor product, and poor example of a businessman?

SkyHog said:
Ok - so if I call Troy Martin, and get a first hand experience with him, does that mean that POA will stop trying to suck up to him?

What's the deal, looking for a lucrative contract or something? I don't get it. I posted nothing more that the words "non-MAG." What's next, I post "No to Hillary!" and it'll get deleted. I post "TSA is messing things up!" and it will get deleted?

He's not special, Chuck, he's a guy that screwed up and refuses to learn by it, and slaps every one of us in the face everytime he does something. If you're afraid of lawsuit from him, than you should be afraid of lawsuit from the AP too, because there are MANY cases of copyrighted documents, posted in their entirety on your site, and they could sue! And they'd have a case, unlike Troy.

So come on. Fess up. What's going on between MAG and POA?

Really Chuck why does MAG warrent such special treatment all the time? It seems you are really bending over backwards to try and not offend this guy, I am not seeing you do that for anyone else that we discuss on here. It is very unsual!!

I wonder if I should start Frederick Aviation Group???

smigaldi said:
Really Chuck why does MAG warrent such special treatment all the time? It seems you are really bending over backwards to try and not offend this guy, I am not seeing you do that for anyone else that we discuss on here. It is very unsual!!

Scott,

There really is no problem expressing a personal opinion, subject to the RoC. But if that 'opinion' crosses the line into defamatory speech, it becomes a problem. The line is very thin. Just as the line between "fair use" and copyright violation is very thin.

I really think that management needs to be careful. I'd rather have one upset crazy dude (Troy) than have several upset valuable forum members.

wsuffa said:
Scott,

There really is no problem expressing a personal opinion, subject to the RoC. But if that 'opinion' crosses the line into defamatory speech, it becomes a problem. The line is very thin. Just as the line between "fair use" and copyright violation is very thin.

There was no defamatory speech that I saw on the thread about MAG coming to St. Louis. I saw people expessing their opinions about a potential move by MAG and what it really meant. While Troy has no fans here I did not see anyone bashing him ala Wolk vs. AvWeb. The reason Chuck gave, or at least the way I understand his post and Ron's subsequent explination, that the thread was a problem is that a complaint (from MAG?) was received about a potential copyright violation.

jangell said:
I really think that management needs to be careful. I'd rather have one upset crazy dude (Troy) than have several upset valuable forum members.

Really if it is that much of a problem that we are talking about MAG on here perhaps PoA should just consider shutting down. That way Troy will never be upset right?? ;);)

So, I am thinking a nice-quality cotton hat, black with POA stitched logo, would be a nice start. That, and the pocketed tees.

SCCutler said:
So, I am thinking a nice-quality cotton hat, black with POA stitched logo, would be a nice start. That, and the pocketed tees.

I'd go for that! I like a pocketed Tee.

smigaldi said:
EdFred when will we get to see the F.A.G. wear slide show??

Assless chaps with "Frederick Aviation Group" on the thighs?

smigaldi said:
There was no defamatory speech that I saw on the thread about MAG coming to St. Louis. I saw people expessing their opinions about a potential move by MAG and what it really meant. While Troy has no fans here I did not see anyone bashing him ala Wolk vs. AvWeb. The reason Chuck gave, or at least the way I understand his post and Ron's subsequent explination, that the thread was a problem is that a complaint (from MAG?) was received about a potential copyright violation.
The thread contained content that violated copyright law. It contained an image created by MAG, with intellectual property rights owned by MAG, and a copyright notice on the image that explicitly stated it was MAG property. In our estimation it clearly broke the boundaries of fair use, as the poster of the image had no authorization by MAG to make the post.

Regarding negative commentary about aviation organizations, in general, if you are aware of other av-business bashing going on, please bring them to our attention in the usual way. We are not interested in PoA becoming a place "to kvetch about some aviation related group you don't like".

I don't give a flying rats tail what MAG posts about us or doesn't. They had a link about us for a while, that link is gone now - obviously they reconsidered the value of having such a comment. In any event, it was directed at PoA in general, not personal references, so get over it, we're not putting up with bashing other fliers for bashing's sake here. We're about CIVIL discourse for ALL persons interested in Aviation, and that might include people FROM MAG, for all you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back