PoA 15' Summer Fly-In

akpilot907

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
citabriav8tr
Gauging the group's interest for a summer fly in... Couple group members and I are tossing the idea around.

I'm no longer hiding in Alaska, figure I'd enjoy some of the better days of lower-48 flying while I can before I head back up!

Drop a comment below if you're interested... Thinking about mid-west area... Kansas, Missouri, Illinois, Oklahoma... Lunch, shoot the ****, meet everyone, have a good time...

Let's see what we get for a turn out!

-Alex

While there are really no "official POA flyins" There are a good number of flyins that are popular with POAers.

In no particular order there is:

Wings FlyBQ at KLOM outside Philly - Weekend of third Saturday in May.
6Y9er Labor Day Flyin - Labor Day weekend.
Gastons 3MO Used to be June but now in the fall
Windwood Flyin Weekend WV62 Davis WV

There are a lot of lunch meet ups as well. If you haven't been to one of the above they are all fun.

Alex,

Grand Glaize Airport (K15) would be a fun option. Tan-Tar-A will come up and pick you up. They have a mahhhvelous Sunday Brunch.

It's also hard to go wrong with Miami County (K81), We-B-Smokin' is on the field, great little BBQ place.

And then there's always Beaumont, Ks (07S), great little spot.

I'm in if it's an open weekend...and most are.

I'll go anywhere for some good BBQ! Missouri is on top of their game it seems

Alex,

Grand Glaize Airport (K15) would be a fun option. Tan-Tar-A will come up and pick you up. They have a mahhhvelous Sunday Brunch.

It's also hard to go wrong with Miami County (K81), We-B-Smokin' is on the field, great little BBQ place.

And then there's always Beaumont, Ks (07S), great little spot.

I'm in if it's an open weekend...and most are.

Thanks, Tim!

Last edited:
Back