PMA8000BT Question

the400kid

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
FLAAV8R
I had this new audio panel installed recently and simply love it and have one question. I fly often with my wife and she doesn't like to listen to or be interrupted by radio calls when she's listening to music (she connects directly via BT into her Zulu). Right now the solution is for her to plug her Zulu into the headphone jacks in the back which do not receive radio transmissions, but it's a pain since it shortens the cord and the Zulu's controller unit lands up near her shoulders. Is there a way to configure the panel so that the co-pilot could be isolated from the radio?

You can also get a 1/4 Phone extension cable at any radio shack. It is a standard audio product, not specific to aviation. That would let her have her mic connected up front and her phones connected to the back.

I had this new audio panel installed recently and simply love it and have one question. I fly often with my wife and she doesn't like to listen to or be interrupted by radio calls when she's listening to music (she connects directly via BT into her Zulu). Right now the solution is for her to plug her Zulu into the headphone jacks in the back which do not receive radio transmissions, but it's a pain since it shortens the cord and the Zulu's controller unit lands up near her shoulders. Is there a way to configure the panel so that the co-pilot could be isolated from the radio?

Page 4

http://www.ps-engineering.com/docs/PMA8000BT_NUI_PG.pdf

Even after reading page 4, it's still not apparent to me.

I think the paragraph being referred to is toward the bottom of page 4 Intercom Modes (8)

I think the paragraph being referred to is toward the bottom of page 4 Intercom Modes (8)

I consider myself a fairly smart guy, but I simply don't see where it says "to mute the radio on the co-pilots position, press..."

I consider myself a fairly smart guy, but I simply don't see where it says "to mute the radio on the co-pilots position, press..."

I don't think its possible. Call PS Engineering and ask?

I don't think its possible. Call PS Engineering and ask?

Until then, you can set the ISO switch to pilot only. Downside is neither of you will be able to,talk to talk other.

Turn the radio mute off, super annoying, and set your radio volume above your music volume. Much more natural to just hear both at once.

I read it. I'm a geek. What you're asking is not possible by programming or buttons. Use a phones extension to connect your wife's phone plug to the jack in the back.

I read it. I'm a geek. What you're asking is not possible by programming or buttons. Use a phones extension to connect your wife's phone plug to the jack in the back.

Which is pretty much what I thought, I was just seeking confirmation.

Looks like Radio Shack for me - assuming the store is still there.

Re-read the first post saying wife is connecting via BT to the Zulu headset.

What the OP wants is do-able with this connection (phone to headset). Look at the user manual and reference pages 6 & 7, specifically the CommPriority Button.

This button allows you to switch "auto mute" on and off. When turned off, you will still hear music when the intercom or radios are active. If you're doing this while PIC, just set the music volume level so it's in the background, and set your radios so they are in the foreground.

Re-read the first post saying wife is connecting via BT to the Zulu headset.

What the OP wants is do-able with this connection (phone to headset). Look at the user manual and reference pages 6 & 7, specifically the CommPriority Button.

This button allows you to switch "auto mute" on and off. When turned off, you will still hear music when the intercom or radios are active. If you're doing this while PIC, just set the music volume level so it's in the background, and set your radios so they are in the foreground.

I'll be a sonofabitch. I was looking in all the wrong places. Thanks for the post!

Which is pretty much what I thought, I was just seeking confirmation.

Looks like Radio Shack for me - assuming the store is still there.
Check with the local Lowes or Home Depot first. Most of the RS employees don't know anything other than how to sell a cell phone. Went in to find an RJ 45 connector....no clue. And when I did find one, the staff was amazed and it was 5x the price at Lowes. RS management hasn't caught on why it's going under.

Back