PMA450B Audio Panel In depth video review

FlyingMonkey

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
FlyingMonkey
I’ve been flying with the PMA450 audio panel for about 2 years now and want to share with you how it makes our flying more fun. I hope you enjoy this thorough video review of the PMA450B in action and find it useful information (and entertainment).

Great review, thanks. I just dropped my plane off to get one installed. Even though I liked the appeal of the voice commands in the 350C, the better entertainment features and ease of use looked too good to pass up. Like you, I always fly with my family, so that’s a big deal. After watching your video, I am feeling confident in my choice.

I think you will really enjoy it. Yeah I don't know about voice commands...I mean its just faster to push a button and way less prone to error. Voice commands barely work on my phone...but in all fairness I havent tested that 350C. I have read the user manual for the Garmin audio panel and I found the music distribution and intercom modes very confusing and I know I would never remember all the flashing light sequences. I mean, have you seen my panel? LOL Theres already too much to remember when using it so I just opted for easy to use screen....It's been really good so far and I have really been enjoying the Streamer function to record audio to an iPad mini for my youtube videos. One less cable in the cockpit is very welcome!

Thanks for the pirep. They make some great audio units

I think you will really enjoy it. Yeah I don't know about voice commands...I mean its just faster to push a button and way less prone to error. Voice commands barely work on my phone...but in all fairness I havent tested that 350C. I have read the user manual for the Garmin audio panel and I found the music distribution and intercom modes very confusing and I know I would never remember all the flashing light sequences. I mean, have you seen my panel? LOL Theres already too much to remember when using it so I just opted for easy to use screen....It's been really good so far and I have really been enjoying the Streamer function to record audio to an iPad mini for my youtube videos. One less cable in the cockpit is very welcome!
One less cable is especially welcome when said cable is for a young kid’s game and likes to unplug regularly, leading to much screaming and consternation in the cockpit! I subscribed to your YouTube channel. Great videos!

One less cable is especially welcome when said cable is for a young kid’s game and likes to unplug regularly, leading to much screaming and consternation in the cockpit! I subscribed to your YouTube channel. Great videos!
Haha thats funny.

@FlyingMonkey -- Good video!

Was this a straight slide in install?

Where can we find more info on the R2D2 box?

@FlyingMonkey -- Good video!

Was this a straight slide in install?

Where can we find more info on the R2D2 box?

The PMA450B is a slide in replacement for the PMA450A. I got the R2D2 STC from a guy I know on Tatooine...some Jawas helped with the modification work and some guy named Ben Kenobi signed it all off. :)

The PMA450B is a slide in replacement for the PMA450A. I got the R2D2 STC from a guy I know on Tatooine...some Jawas helped with the modification work and some guy named Ben Kenobi signed it all off. :)

A different SciFi group would probably classify that as Feldercarb.;)..Great video, very professional, keep em coming.

Back