PMA450 won’t Bluetooth to my iPhone

AggieMike88

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
The original "I don't know it all" of aviation.
@mscheuer ... need your help with the PMA450 in our Skylane.

The Bluetooth feature is not making connection to my phone. I have followed the suggestions here of disabling BT on the iPad and reattempting connection. No luck.

I tried the instructions in the pilots guide to get to the setup menu and dumping the existing connections. Then restart the unit by powering off and back on.

My phone will see the audio panels name name, but when I try to connect, the phone doesn’t make the connection and shows the “make sure the other unit is in range” message.

Any additional suggestions?

Could you please give me a call Mike?
865-988-9800
Mark Scheuer
PS Engineering

Have you been able to reset the PMA450 Bluetooth yet? If you need help, all you have to do is call us

865-988-9800

Mark
PS Engineering

I have one more suggested action to try. If that don’t work, I’ll call.

@AggieMike88

I am really interested in learning if you were successful in resetting the Bluetooth module in the PMA450 and that is once again working flawlessly?

I am assuming this has been resolved but wanted to make sure, our reputation as being the leader in BT technology might be in question.

To date, there hasn't been a single case that there was an actual failure of our BT in any of our audio panels, and we have been shipping BT since 2006

Thank you
Mark Scheuer
PS Engineering

Haven't been out to the airplane yet. Will try tonight.

Haven't been out to the airplane yet. Will try tonight.

Assuming you have the PMA450A, here are the reset steps

Bluetooth Reset

If the Bluetooth devices have trouble connecting, it may be necessary to re- set the Bluetooth Module. The PMA450A Bluetooth Reset function is acces- sible from the setup menu. (See also User Setup Menu, next page)
During the unit boot up process (while the version numbers appear on the screen), hold the lower line select button until the setup screen appears.

This places the unit into the “User Setup Mode- home screen”, and allows resetting the Bluetooth Module
When Unpair All is pushed, the Bluetooth Module is reset and ALL Blue- tooth devices are erased from the audio panel. Cycle the PMA450A power to exit setup screen

Have done that. Part I have yet to do is to have mobile device “forget” the PMA450 and re-discover.

I didn’t get by airport today. Will be going by soon and will do this step.

Hi Mike, could you please tell me if everything is working perfectly now with your Bluetooth connection?

I want to do what I need to do to get this system up and running for you.

Thanks
Mark Scheuer
PS Engineering

@mscheuer — I got it to work by doing the following from the Pilots Guide AND resetting the connection on the iPhone.

The iPhone part was done by telling the phone to “forget this connection”. That allowed for it to see the “fresh” connection from the 450 and establish the correct pairing.

That last part of “forgetting” the connection on the phone should be added to your Pilot Guide material. It was the step that I was forgetting to do and the step that solved the problem.

Now next time @Ravioli goes flying with me, I can subject him to my many hours of zydeco and Wierd Al collection.

Bluetooth Reset
If the Bluetooth devices have trouble connecting, it may be necessary to reset the Bluetooth Module. The PMA450 Bluetooth Reset function is accessible from the setup menu. (See also User Setup Menu, next page)
During the unit boot up process (while the version numbers appear on the screen), hold the lower line select button until the setup screen appears.

This places the unit into the “User Setup Mode- home screen”, and allows resetting the Bluetooth Module
When Unpair All is pushed, the Bluetooth Module is reset and ALL Blue- tooth devices are erased from the audio panel. Cycle the PMA450 power to exit setup screen.​

@AggieMike88 -- zydeco, Weird Al, and anyone from the Dr Dimento era are kewl with me.

Just don't subject me to that disturbing Technologic song.

Back