Please tell me I'm not the only one...

With 95-100° temp and under a bubble canopy, it takes more than cloth earcup covers to make them comfortable in the heat. I've used a bunch of different ones in all kinds of aircraft since the mid-80s and the Halo is great for lightweight and no clamping.

With 95-100° temp and under a bubble canopy, it takes more than cloth earcup covers to make them comfortable in the heat. I've used a bunch of different ones in all kinds of aircraft since the mid-80s and the Halo is great for lightweight and no clamping.

A friend on FB this week answered another pilot's question about those "blank" columns in logbooks and what to do with them, saying that's for "Pants/No Pants" time logging. :)

I haven't worn pants to fly in months now...

Jim R
Collierville, TN

N7155H--1946 Piper J-3 Cub
N3368K--1946 Globe GC-1B Swift
N4WJ--1994 Van's RV-4

You are the only one...... sorry.....

It had to be said.....:yesnod::yes:

Agreed. He's the only one. I personally bought DCs first as a student and after a little over a decade of using them, I bought my first ANR set, a Lightspeed Zulu that I much prefer today. I kept the DCs for passengers and I also have generic pair of headsets made in Korea that I have in the uber rare event that I have a backseat passenger.

Don't get me wrong, I love the DC's I have but when I went with ANR it was a whole new ballgame. The Faro was a bit of a disappointment as you have to have the mic practically IN your mouth for it to pick up but the ANR on them is almost as good as the Bose.

You're the only other guy I've heard from who has a Faro headset. I'm really happy with mine, but you're right about the mic positioning. Now I'm used to putting it about 1/8" from my lips and it works great. I simply can't go back to passive sets... (RVs are a tad bit noisy!)

I like the fake leather ear cushions....very comfy. :)

Back