Please help me out!

Matt1982

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Matt1982
I am a would be pilot and taking initiative to reach my goal. Please see my cause here and help me out if you are able to do so. Thank you for your time. http://www.gofundme.com/x5t24

Dude, you're asking this on a pilot board?? We're either underpaid, or simply cheap bastards. A lot of us are both.

Good luck though. I wish someone had bankrolled my flight training.

Is that all it takes?

I should have done that a long time ago.

No kidding. I guess I should start up a page. I'll find a picture of me in my Navy blues to make people feel good about supporting a vet, too.
:nonod: :no: :nono:

Last edited:
Good try too old and too broke to help since I own an aircraft Try the Va . Good luck

If you want someone to pay for it go military...I reccommend the Air Guard.

I started my fund 30 years ago... "The Jet 4 Jerry Fund" Started out with zero balance... Just checked... Still zero. :dunno:

If you are prior military, you haven't done due diligence on GI bill. Your PPL is on you but post 9/11 will cover the rest at a 141 school. Uncool to beg in uniform.

I'm sick and tired of so many people expecting someone else should take care of their wants.

Even though I doubt you'll ever post again or read this, thank you for your service to our country. It's no small thing to serve in the armed forces during a time of war.

That being said, this is not the kind of thing to be begging money for. There are many more worthy causes to donate to, like this one.

Earn the money and pay for it out of your own pocket. It'll mean more to you that way.

Take the ****ing uniform off if you're going to be going around asking for hand-outs. You make us all look bad.... Sergeant.

Somehow I don't think the OP is reading any of the posts here. But you may want to comment over on his website.

I'm sick and tired of so many people expecting someone else should take care of their wants.

This is not initiative, son.

Even though I doubt you'll ever post again or read this, thank you for your service to our country. It's no small thing to serve in the armed forces during a time of war.

That being said, this is not the kind of thing to be begging money for. There are many more worthy causes to donate to, like this one.

Earn the money and pay for it out of your own pocket. It'll mean more to you that way.
:
Take the ****ing uniform off if you're going to be going around asking for hand-outs. You make us all look bad.... Sergeant.

Pathetic.

:yeahthat:

If you don't want to donate, don't donate...No need for ripping the guy a new one.

If you don't want to donate, don't donate...No need for ripping the guy a new one.

Why not? If you're going to put on a uniform and beg for donations, you deserve what you get.

In fact, I'm so offended, I'm not going to donate TWICE!!!

I know the guy is probably not listening, but I'll add my two cents.

First of all, as the others said, don't beg in uniform. I served my time in the Army too, and never begged when I got out. Secondly, how the hell do you know that you'll ever be a good pilot. Get your medical, pass the knowledge test and solo. You don't need $60k to do that and you'll at least have some idea what flying is about. I found that getting my private pilot certificate was the hardest thing I've ever done. And I'm a highly accomplished electrical and mechanical engineer, with about 100 original designs, many commercially successful, to my name. Engineering flows out of my fingertips with ease and pleasure. Flying is hard work. I will *never* be the pilot that my instructors are. And you won't know what you will be until you solo.

Last edited:
Get back in here so we can tell you a thing or two! :rofl:

I feel sorry for the cute girlfriend. He's probably working his magic on the diamond forums too.

I am a would be pilot and taking initiative to reach my goal. Please see my cause here and help me out if you are able to do so. Thank you for your time. http://www.gofundme.com/x5t24

I was once a would be pilot. I worked with my hands to earn the money to learn to fly, and purchase an airplane.

I started my little picture framing business when I was 34 years old, in a garage with a total of $250.00 to my name. I knocked on doors, went without food, you name it, I did it as long as it was legal and honest. I asked nothing of anyone except the opportunity to do work for them.

I too was a Sergeant. I was in the 101st Airborne, back in the days when it was paratroopers only.

You have just put yourself in the same league as those "veterans" you see standing on street corners with "Please Help" cardboard signs. They don't wear their class "A"s, usually old camo pants seems to work for them.

Perhaps you should dig out your camo's, it might work for you too.

I gotta be honest with you though, I have a whole lot of pride about accomplishing the things I wanted to accomplish by working my butt off for them.

I'm not so sure you will have the same sense of accomplishment by having people give you the things you want. But then, you are from that generation, what do I know?

-John

He's being educated rather gently IMO, you should see what the responses would have been on R.A.S. or R.A.P....:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Don't get too upset. He got one (1) donation of $50.00 the next day, then nothing. That ought to put a substantial bite into a Discovery Flight.

Have you tried standing at an intersection with a cardboard sign yet?

Anyone notice that no one has left a comment on his page?

It seems to me that the picture of him with his arm around a blonde hottie won't garner much in the way of sympathy or donations.

Personally, I think it is a scam. Does not pass the smell test.

Personally, I think it is a scam. Does not pass the smell test.
He couldn't find a picture of an amputee vet that was unclear enough in the face to be unrecognizable, so he downloaded this one to use.

Gotta love the necroposting!!

I have no idea what made me think of the fellow, but I was curious how he was making out. Well, he still has his funding request out there. To date, he's managed to raise $50. As I mentioned in an earlier post, it probably came from his mom.

Gotta love the necroposting!!

I have no idea what made me think of the fellow, but I was curious how he was making out. Well, he still has his funding request out there. To date, he's managed to raise $50. As I mentioned in an earlier post, it probably came from his mom.

Rip on him if you want, but he managed to raise 2.5 times the amount this guy did.

http://www.pilotsofamerica.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53838&highlight=gofundme.com

I'm going to go ahead and scratch out "gofundme.com" as a way to short cut my ratings. :D

Back