Please Delete this Thread

Does this mean you weren't impressed with the white-suit pimp-looking dude standing by a jet?

Trying to be real, maybe?

I looked for more info, and it seems to me that this company is a charter service with a single Piper Navajo Chieftain, but a website that tries to look like more.

Not many websites, other than the company's own website, mention the company. One mention is this one, which lists their charter fleet as consisting of the Navajo. Another mention is the Lake Simcoe airport website that lists them as a charter service based there.

The company's web page seems to be intended to attract charter customers, although it strangely does not tell you what kind of aircraft they fly. There are only a few photos, which do not look like at all like a 737. Is it the Navajo?

Since the company's own website seems to be one of the few places online that mentions the company, I looked behind the site to see what there is. And it's not much.

A whois search shows that their website domain was registered in 2009 and its contact, both administrative and technical, is identified as the CEO, Mani Saba. The company's phone number in the domain registry is one with a prefix that is typical for a cell phone in Toronto. These are not the typical signatures of a company with more than a few employees.

The website has a toll-free phone number, which is a favorable indication suggesting that they are real. So I tried it. The site says you can call 24/7 to arrange for express cargo to get your package on its way to arrive at its destination within a few hours. I phoned on a Friday evening, but my call was answered by an answering machine. Leave a message, it said. That package will have to wait, I guess.

The company created a youtube channel, which like the web page does have much. It has been viewed 52 times.

A search for info on Mr/Ms Saba turns up pretty much nothing.

Overall, my impression is that if the company is real, it has made a much smaller impression on the world than what you would expect for a company that trains 737 pilots and flies 737 charters.

Not jumping into judging this silly company, but just going to point out that an 800 number means absolutely nothing.

How many would you like and pointed at which phone number? They're about $5/month in small quantity and free in large quantity other than a small configuration fee. You pay minutes and in large quantity, that'll be well less than a penny a minute in North America only.

They could be using a legitimate company as a cover....in other words, the email address that you send your docs to has nothing to do with the company in question. Quite common phishing tactic.

More on their charter fleet, which seems to consist of a single Navajo:

You can do a search of the Canadian aircraft registry here. Plugging in the name of the company, Presidential Air, generates a listing of a single aircraft:

Aircraft Information
Mark: C-FVMS Common Name: PiperModel Name: PA-31-350 Serial No: 31-7952002Basis for Eligibility for Registration: CAR Standard 507.02, 507.03 - Type Certificate - A20SO Category: AeroplaneMax take-off weight: 3342.07 kgsEngine: 2, Piston24-bit address: 110000000011100010111111Regional Office: TorontoYear Imported: 2009Base of Operations: CANADA , Ontario, Lake Simcoe Regional Airport
Manufacturer Information
Manufacturer: PIPER AIRCRAFT CORPORATIONCountry of manufacture: U.S.A.Year of Manufacture: 1979
Registration Information
Type of Registration: CommercialOwner Registered Since: 2012-03-12Latest Certificate of Registration Issued: 2012-03-12
Last Registered Owner Information

Name: Presidential Air Inc.Address: Lake Simcoe Regional Airport 224 Line 7 North RR#2 City: Oro StationProvince/State: Ontario Postal Code: L0L 2E0Country: CANADA Region: Ontario Mail Recipient: Yes

edit: the tail number is C-FVMS. Flightaware shows the most recent flight was in August. Not sure, though, how complete Flightaware data are for Canadian flights.

Last edited:
Lake Simcoe (NB9) is the old Barrie airport where we landed many times when negotiating the acquisition of the rotary brush companies in Barrie. One of my most memorable days involved trying to back our B-200 into a hangar during a snow-storm using a John Deere yard tractor without chains.

The airport has a somewhat colorful history of scams, shams and whim-whams over the years.

Not jumping into judging this silly company, but just going to point out that an 800 number means absolutely nothing.

Thank you.

I'll take back what I said about it being "a favorable indication suggesting that they are real."

How do you know?

Based on knowing a charter company by that name, except that the company I remember as real works out of Fort Lauderdale, not some place in Ontario.

The website of that canadian outfit is rather entertaining.

Yeah, I wouldn't send them a check.

Back