Playing Didgeridoo helps Sleep Apnea sufferers

Thought it was interesting. Probably not going to be an FAA-Approved sleep apnea treatment anytime soon, though. :)

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/d...g-keeping-you-awake-didgeridoo-to-the-rescue/

I would take a wild guess that playing any instrument that requires large volume of air would produce the same result. I know that for the many years I was playing winds (clarinet, sax, oboe) my lung capacity & overall stmina was much better than it is now.

Oh yes, and I have a digideroo - sort of obligatory to buy one with in Oz. Never have been able to play it tho.

Circular breathing is hard. I played woodwinds as well and like murphy have lost some lung capacity since stopping in spite of continuing to play several sports.

I would take a wild guess that playing any instrument that requires large volume of air would produce the same result. I know that for the many years I was playing winds (clarinet, sax, oboe) my lung capacity & overall stmina was much better than it is now.

Oh yes, and I have a didgeridoo - sort of obligatory to buy one with in Oz. Never have been able to play it tho.

I built up some serious lung capacity when I was young playing the bassoon. I know what you mean.

And, yes, we have a didgeridoo in the living room, too. 1st trip to Oz in 2007. I'll have to find something else to bring home from Perth next month.

I built up some serious lung capacity when I was young playing the bassoon. I know what you mean.

And, yes, we have a didgeridoo in the living room, too. 1st trip to Oz in 2007. I'll have to find something else to bring home from Perth next month.

Vegemite.

Not.

Back