"Play" on G1000

skidoo

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
skidoo
I took the 182 out of the hangar today put it on AC power and played with the G1000 for a while, while on the ground. I learned a cool button. I tend to have a hard time going along and then someone says something on the radio. By the time I realize something said may be important, I'm wondering what he said.

Well, I discovered this "Play" button will re-play the last incoming radio call. That is a cool feature! Is this feature on other radios or is it something new with the G1000?

Hahah, yes. Just found out about this. The "say again?" button! What a great feature!

It'll record up to 2.5 minutes of looping audio. If, while playing that recorded block, you want it to stop, press the MKR/MUTE button.

If a COM input signal is detected while playing, play is halted and the new COM input signal is recorded as the latest block.

If you want to have some fun and really learn the full capability of that digital recorder, go put that plane on AC power again... and this time, press the PLAY button a 2nd, then 3rd, then 4th time while a block of audio is playing. Check out what it does. :)

It'll record up to 2.5 minutes of looping audio. If, while playing that recorded block, you want it to stop, press the MKR/MUTE button.

If a COM input signal is detected while playing, play is halted and the new COM input signal is recorded as the latest block.

If you want to have some fun and really learn the full capability of that digital recorder, go put that plane on AC power again... and this time, press the PLAY button a 2nd, then 3rd, then 4th time while a block of audio is playing. Check out what it does. :)
I was going to comment on the multiple press myself. You beat me to it. I think some of the PS Engineering audio panels have playback, too.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back