Plates Expire Today.....

Lawreston

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Harley Reich
........... the 14-Day plates on my Chevy S-10 truck. When it stops raining I must go out and put on the temporary plate, N7872G. And I'm awaiting arrival of the bumper sticker to put on the tailgate, just above the plate.

3" x 10"; on the left is a photo of the plane. On the right is
My other truck
is a CESSNA
C-172L Skyhawk

(at Wiscasset Airport - IWI )(smaller print on the last line)

HR

We have His & Hers tags...

His

F150Tag.jpg

Hers

AzeraTag.jpg

Cool! It'll be about 30 days before the puzzle palace(State Capitol) sends me the metal plates: photo to come.

HR

OK, the bottom one is a Hyundia Azera, but I can't get the top one from the step bumper alone. Obviously some SUV or PU.

It's an F-15 with a Zero on it's tail ! :rofl:

btw, notice the date stickers are fading away....the state contracted out the printing and the ink used is soluble in soapy water, like the kind used in car washes. Owners were complaining to the county tax collectors that their stickers were falling off, and, of course, officials initially blamed owners for improperly installing the stickers. They even started attaching instructions to the sticker cards on how to apply the sticker to your tag. What was really happening was the sticker was there, just the ink was falling off. The state has re-instituted in-house printing starting next January. Your tax dollars at work. Oh, and you can get a replacement sticker for $2.50.....[insert Bronx cheer]

Bill Jennings said:
OK, the bottom one is a Hyundia Azera, but I can't get the top one from the step bumper alone. Obviously some SUV or PU.

Last edited:
I am still looking for a decent way of spelling Pilot Pete on a plate, but WI only allows 7 characters.

Pete

vontresc said:
I am still looking for a decent way of spelling Pilot Pete on a plate, but WI only allows 7 characters.

Pete
PLTPETE
PILTPET
PLOTPTE

Pretty tough one, none of the obvious ones look good

i think im going to be getting N373Y for next year

I was driving down the highway last year and saw a license plate AV14TE. The funny part is that I don't think it was a custom plate, because that follows the numbering convention for the state of Ohio, and an AV series plate would be about right for a car of that age.

I have custom plates on my truck still from New Hampshire. FUUFNF. Not aviation related, but still, custom :D

Still get asked what they mean...most people shake their heads when they finally get it.

ok... I'll bite ... (and I used to be pretty good at deciphering the custom plates... it was a great pastime on the SoCal freeway commutes)

Can't really say it here, Greg. Each letter is pretty much a word, except "FN" which is a word itself.

It is something my uncle used to say all the time, we had a bet that I couldn't get New Hampshire to issue it to me. They did.

The "not temporary" plates won't come for several weeks, but here's the "Temp." and the bumper "tailgate" sticker which arrived a couple days ago.

HR

And while I was on my roof(photo 2), was I getting buzzed by the P-3(Photo 3)?

Now that the leaves, pine needles, and tree pruning is done Photo 4 is what I'm doing in my hangar.

Attachments

• 011_11.JPG
    011_11.JPG
    470.8 KB · Views: 6
  • 007_7.JPG
    007_7.JPG
    590.8 KB · Views: 5
  • 009_9.JPG
    009_9.JPG
    226.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 012_12.JPG
    012_12.JPG
    404.5 KB · Views: 8
smigaldi said:
Never been a custom plate guy although I had ham radio plates a couple of times.

Gonna stick with my Amateur Radio plates until they pry them from me.

Or until I get a plane of my own. ;)

Back