Planes for sale!

Don't we all!

Yeah, we are like 6k/yr sign spinners here.

Everyone on here should pitch in for one plane. We need a POA plane!

I wish I could afford that stuff.

I think you could. You can have a used "Saratoga" (Lance), used "182" (182) or "G36" (A36) for a lot less than those listings are asking for. Even with a refurbishment budget, you're still ahead on utility, which is what gets you to your destination in X speed, at Y useful load, at the end of the day.

My Arrow's wings and stab have several unpainted panels, the inst cluster is steam and the autopilot is OEM and hdg mode only. BUT, in the last 3 years it has taken me and my family all over Texas, Oklahoma and Louisiana. I've taken my little boy (6 months at the time) to the beach for the first time, flew him to his oklahoma grandad on mom's side before granps fell ill and went blind, and flew the wife back and forth to care for him in much speedier fashion that Skywest could in a cramped barbie jet (she in fact, begged me to fly her by Arrow after her regional hell ordeal). Before then, a runout Warrior II took me 420nm away and back at a blistering 110TAS every other weekend to date my now wife for a year, until she could get out of the military, allowing us to have a shot at a life relationship today. The opportunity cost lifetime value of not having done that is literally unquantifiable for me, compared to whatever thousands I lost on selling it "at a loss". Loss? what loss?

None of those experiences would have been possible if I had just kept staring at those stupid 500K ads, told myself I can't afford it (it's true, I can't) and waited another 20 years to buy my "last plane first". Eff that demographic. Buy the cheapest thing that gets you there TODAY, and make those memories. If resale value keeps you up at night, you're paying too much for life.

Last edited:
We will be getting a wider range of aircraft on the site here pretty soon, also. We're growing more and more. It just happens to be a lot of expensive aircraft right now.

Next week's post can be focused on more affordable aircraft?

We will be getting a wider range of aircraft on the site here pretty soon, also. We're growing more and more. It just happens to be a lot of expensive aircraft right now.

Next week's post can be focused on more affordable aircraft?

I'm not seriously knocking your selection, it's a good one. My point was having seen the classifieds most people put up on here though, the planes are usually 20K-150K. The occasional oddity will sneak in like the 310 that someone was trying to sell, but I haven't seen many planes beyond that range. Yours seem to be at least 200K on average, peaking at 3/4 of a million.

Maybe someone's got that budget on here :) I know I don't.

I'm not seriously knocking your selection, it's a good one. My point was having seen the classifieds most people put up on here though, the planes are usually 20K-150K. The occasional oddity will sneak in like the 310 that someone was trying to sell, but I haven't seen many planes beyond that range. Yours seem to be at least 200K on average, peaking at 3/4 of a million.

Maybe someone's got that budget on here :) I know I don't.

Exactly!

...snip... and waited another 20 years to buy my "last plane first". Eff that demographic. Buy the cheapest thing that gets you there TODAY, and make those memories. If resale value keeps you up at night, you're paying too much for life.

I completely agree with what you're saying... But in my situation I could probably buy a C140 right now, but it wouldn't get me very far at the altitudes I live at. If I wait 2-3 years I can buy a C-180 which I think is my last plane (unless I can ever afford a Beaver)

Back