Planes clipped at O’Hare

rk911

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
rk911
A plane taxiing for departure clipped another aircraft at Chicago O’Hare International Airport on Sunday (1/14/24) evening, according to the Federal Aviation Administration. No injuries were reported, both planes were of Boeing design, and the FAA will investigate the matter. The left wing tip of Flight 11 from All Nippon Airways, a Japanese airline, struck the rear of Delta Air Lines Flight 2122 on Sunday around 6:30 p.m. Boeing is facing increasing scrutiny in the wake of mechanical failures and the subsequent grounding last week of its Boeing 737 Max 9 models — a different model than the planes involved in the collision on Sunday.

Source: Daily Herald

haha, throwing "boeing" in acts as little mental handholds for the chronically overstimulated reader to pay their brief, fleeting attention to.

All Nippon probably had the wrong length wings installed by Boeing, and did not tell the pilots.

Fortunately, all the bolts were in, so the wing did not fall off.

Since it is two Boeings, pilot error is not a factor.

Both planes were of Boeing design, so were related to the Max debacle.

Nothing particularly personal here, but the relationship of a very common taxiing tap, to the brand of aircraft is tenuous at best. I see no relationship to the Federal investigation of the Alaska Air accident.

A plane taxiing for departure clipped another aircraft at Chicago O’Hare International Airport on Sunday (1/14/24) evening, according to the Federal Aviation Administration. No injuries were reported, both planes were of Boeing design, and the FAA will investigate the matter. The left wing tip of Flight 11 from All Nippon Airways, a Japanese airline, struck the rear of Delta Air Lines Flight 2122 on Sunday around 6:30 p.m. Boeing is facing increasing scrutiny in the wake of mechanical failures and the subsequent grounding last week of its Boeing 737 Max 9 models — a different model than the planes involved in the collision on Sunday.

Source: Daily Herald

Yeah I love how the media tries to segue from the Boeing 737 Max woes to two aircraft clipping each other of Boeing design. Even more laughable one of the aircraft was a Delta 717, technically a Boeing but not really a Boeing design.

Swing and a miss...just a bit outside.

Yeah I love how the media tries to segue from the Boeing 737 Max woes to two aircraft clipping each other of Boeing design. Even more laughable one of the aircraft was a Delta 717, technically a Boeing but not really a Boeing design.

Swing and a miss...just a bit outside.
The “reporter” was just trying to sound photosynthesis.

Last edited:
How come the reporter didn’t get the name of the tug manufacturer? More info should have been provided on the ramp crew. A little knowledge is dangerous.

In the current political climate, I’m surprised there was no tie to either past or present administrations!

“Both planes were made by Boeing, which is the same kind of plane that [insert head of executive branch here] uses. Since they [were/are] very [good/bad] for our economy (not that that has anything to do with airplanes) the FAA is likely to find that this situation was caused by [insert scandal].”

(One of my pet peeves is how the media tends to spin EVERYTHING these days, and that is happening on both sides of the aisle!)

I think the Boeing reference is just a distraction. The real cause was probably someone failing to pay the protection fee. :)

Back