Plane's back from annual, and....

PilotAlan

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
PilotAlan
The plane's signed off, I'm off work today, there's a beautiful blue sky, and......

KFTG 241850Z 20034G50KT 10SM SCT110 20/M08 A2957

Dangit!

Tie it down good or it'll fly away without you.

That was an average day when I was based at Front Range. :D

The fun days were when it would alternate from a 90 degree crosswind from 26 to 35.

Tie it down good or it'll fly away without you.
I'm worried about how well my hangar is tied down :)

The fun days were when it would alternate from a 90 degree crosswind from 26 to 35.
You do know that when you get a 90* crosswind on 35, you can switch to 26, right? :drink::D

Last edited:
I'm worried about how well my hangar is tied down :)

You do know that when you get a 90* crosswind on 35, you can switch to 16, right? :drink::D

No! Really? :)

Actually KFTG isn't nearly as bad ad KBJC for winds.

The plane's signed off, I'm off work today, there's a beautiful blue sky, and......

KFTG 241850Z 20034G50KT 10SM SCT110 20/M08 A2957!

Hmm. You have a runway 18, right? If you can get there without breaking ground :rofl: you'll have less than 25kt crosswind. I bet the Cherokee can handle that. :D

Hmm. You have a runway 18, right? If you can get there without breaking ground :rofl: you'll have less than 25kt crosswind. I bet the Cherokee can handle that. :D

Yeah, probably need about 2000 rpm to taxi forward. At idle it would give a new meaning to "backtaxi".....
The Cherokee might handle a 25kt crosswind, but I'll never know. I am quite certain the airplane can handle more crosswind that I can. About 18kt is the max I've ever done.

Back