Plane Window Sun Shades

Radar Contact

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Kevin
I'm tired of my skin melting off in the summer whenever I have to park her on the ramp. I did a quick search on 310Q Sun Shades and it seems to be between Sun-Foil Aircraft Sunscreens ($360) and Bruce's Custom Covers Heat-shield Interior reflectors ($235).

Does anyone have experience with either company and a recommendation on either?

Not with a window shade, but I had Bruce's make a cover for my last plane. Didn't fit right, and I contacted them. They sent me pattern fabric with instructions. I sent them the dimension information, and they sent me a cover that fit this time. No arguing, no blaming the customer. I was impressed with Bruce's customer service.

Not with a window shade, but I had Bruce's make a cover for my last plane. Didn't fit right, and I contacted them. They sent me pattern fabric with instructions. I sent them the dimension information, and they sent me a cover that fit this time. No arguing, no blaming the customer. I was impressed with Bruce's customer service.

:yeahthat:

I have a quite large Bruce's cover for the Aztec that goes from the windshield aft to over the rear baggage door. Fits perfectly, antennas, other protrusions, everything. I prefer it to internal window sun shades as it seems to better deter people from "inspecting" the airplane when it's on a ramp away front home base.

I bought 2 suv cloth versions of windshield shades that twist into a disc for my 182 at the local auto part store. Super to store behind the seat pocket. SHOCKING how much cooler the cabin is after parking the ramp while on trips. worked very well in California, Arizona, and Texas while traveling.

I was thinking of just putting in that static cling window tint stuff. Plane has been in the avionics shop what feels like since dinosaurs roamed the earth so haven't had time to investigate. Our AC blows from the back forward and the pressurization system goes from the front to the back so basically the crew seats have no AC.

I bought 2 suv cloth versions of windshield shades that twist into a disc for my 182 at the local auto part store. Super to store behind the seat pocket. SHOCKING how much cooler the cabin is after parking the ramp while on trips. worked very well in California, Arizona, and Texas while traveling.

☝️ This ☝️

Back