Plane to rent/borrow in San Francisco area?

Ted

The pilot formerly known as Twin Engine Ted
Display Name

Display name:
iFlyNothing
I'm going to be heading to San Francisco on Friday for a few days. Not for Thanksgiving, but the days after. I'll be seeing several friends, one of whom has always wanted to be a pilot but has been convinced she couldn't (I've known her for 10 years and didn't find this out until after I started flying). I'd like to be able to take her flying, even if just for a short flight, as she's never been in a small plane before. Best would be giving her her first logbook with logbook entry.

Does anyone have some suggestions for someplace that I could rent a plane for this, or alternately does anyone have something I could borrow/rent? I was thinking of taking my Aztec out so I could just use that, but for such a short trip by myself it didn't make sense, so I'll be flying the aluminum mailing tube.

I'll be landing on Friday about 5 PM and leaving Monday around 11 AM. Are you going to be in town?
I'll be landing Friday about 10:30 am and leaving about 5 pm Monday. Are you staying in the city or somewhere else?

You can also try California Airways in Hayward Kareem teaches there.
That's where I rent when I'm in town. I think Kareem no longer has his day job, so you may actually see him at the airport!

I had a student who rented from an outfit in Half Moon Bay. That is out on the ocean side of the penninsula.
You may want to check out San Carlos too, just a little ways South of KSFO, on the Bay side.

Maybe a little closer than crossing one of the bridges over to Hayward.

You know, depending upon where in the area you may be, you could also go to Aeroventure, at Petaluma. they are a great outfit.

Back