Plane Resurrection

Mtns2Skies

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Mtns2Skies
Anyone seen the show on Netflix?

Thoughts?

I came across it last night. Some seemingly ordinary guy in England rebuilding a P-51 plus the engine and then flying it. Finding the original pilot and bringing him over. Amazing!

It is on my list but haven't watched yet. Have heard good things though. Would appreciate your feedback rather than the general public.

Watched the first 15 min of S1E1. I'll finish it later. So, it's not so gripping I can't wait to finish, but OK as a time filler.

If it's anything like plane repo, I'll pass.

I would imagine it to be like thug show where they flew a Catalina from Africa to the USA, every five seconds was a warning about how dangerous it was and what could happen at any second! Lion and tigers and bears oh my!

It's a great show especially if you're into the building/restoration process.

Yeah, no. It is the polar opposite of Plane Repo.

Which is to say, it is well-researched, carefully scripted and respectful of history.

Spike says, "Check it out!"

Oh yeaa my 2 Fav ( least real ) events on that show .... " how do we get into an airport that's all fenced in " ( duh you're a pilot , they LET you land there ..INSIDE the Fence ) and the Cub that ran out of Gas ( as I watched the Fuel WIRE bobbing along Happily right in front of the windscreen ) .. but it DID show airplanes and I still watched ... sometimes.
Since I found out my Big Screen gets YouTube I am Never Bored .. I can find all kinds of Aviating stuff there , I get to pick and choose !

I just watched a few episodes. I liked it. It is more of a restoration documentary than the manufactured drama of most reality shows. I much prefer this type of show with the history mixed in.
I was doing some internet research on the episode about the T-6 Harvard and discovered Maurice Hammond, that did the restoration was in a serious aviation accident last fall in P51. His passenger died at the scene and he was seriously injured. I could not find an update on his condition.
Here is the original article about the accident.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/1897133/light-aircraft-crashes-in-flames-with-two-aboard/

Maurice is recovering, is long since out of hospital.

Back